Author Topic: Has this image issue been reported?  (Read 8785 times)

John Delonghi

• View Profile
Has this image issue been reported?
« on: November 20, 2017, 09:19:21 AM »
I've looked back through the threads but can't find anything about what I'm seeing here:

This can be made more obvious by setting gain to 24dB. As I move the shutter slider from 100%, the green line appears near the top and the exposure seems to change.

ETA: after playing a bit more, it seems performing a black cal. fixes this. I must have been performing a black cal after changing resolution but not after adjusting the shutter.

Also , I had what looked like some dead pixels on all the recordings I made a couple of days ago.

It was a cold day and a lot of the recordings were affected with the horizontal colored dots/bands, but these pixels were showing up on every file in the same place. This morning, I fired up the camera and checked it with a white and black background but those pixels now seem OK. Is this another temperature-related memory problem?

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:33:40 AM by John DeLonghi »

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
Re: Has this image issue been reported?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 06:15:51 PM »
Hi John,

The horizontal lines in the first picture are a known issue, as you said, black cal will remove them. It's in the pipeline to add correction for those so you don't need a black cal every time, but many other features are higher priority.

The dead pixels you're seeing appear to actually be on the image sensor. If you're OK waiting, we're going to add dead pixel correction, if they're really getting in the way right now you could send the camera back and we'll replace the image sensor at no charge.

The colored dots/bands are the RAM temperature issue, the new update coming in about a week will completely fix those.

David

John Delonghi

• View Profile
Re: Has this image issue been reported?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 02:09:23 AM »
Great, that's a useful summary as I couldn't find the specific explanations elsewhere in the forum.

I've had another look for those dead pixels and they are there still, but TBH they will probably only show up in certain lighting conditions so I'd rather wait for a software fix than have to return the camera.

Anyway, looking forward to the new firmware and i'm sure a lot of these problems will then be in the past!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:38:26 AM by John DeLonghi »