Author Topic: Start Trigger  (Read 8121 times)

lwaters

• View Profile
Start Trigger
« on: May 07, 2018, 05:56:18 AM »
Hi
I am running v 2.5 beta on a Chronos 1.4 Monochrome 16gb and am wondering if there is anyway to bnc start trigger rather than end trigger.
We have the camera in a waterproof housing and it gets really hot after the camera has sat in there recording while we lower our setup into the water...assuming it would be less hot if it were not in there recording while we're finishing up...
Thank you,
Kind regards,
Laura
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 07:37:10 AM by lcombs »

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
Re: Start Trigger
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 11:41:45 AM »
Hi Laura,

The camera produces the same amount of heat in live preview as it does recording, since it's always running the image sensor at full speed, so there's no thermal benefit to having the camera on but stopped. The way to do a start trigger is to use a stop trigger with a delay equal to the record time, and leaving the camera recording just like post trigger.

The camera does get quite warm in a waterhousing, but it's not a problem. Do keep in mind you need to do a black cal while the camera is at full temperature to get the best image quality.

David

lwaters

• View Profile
Re: Start Trigger
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 05:12:15 AM »
David,
  Thank you so much for getting back with me about this and for the extra bit of knowledge you gave, it is tremendously helpful. We were just mainly concerned about it overheating. Good to know it will produce the same amount of heat regardless. That way we can keep our trigger the way it is.
   You've gotten back with me in regards to a few of my questions, can't thank you enough!
Hope you're having a great day & week :)
Take care!
Laura