Chronos > Software Dev

Software V0.3 Beta - Updated May 3 2018

(1/18) > >>

tesla500:
UPDATE: V0.3 RC1 is out, go see the new topic.

We're just about finished testing the next software release, here is a beta you can try out. Try it out and let us know if you find any bugs.

You can downgrade to previous versions if there is a problem with this version. Just install the old version as normal.

V0.2.5 Beta Changelog (from V0.2:

* Settings are now remembered across power cycles
* Fixed issue where slow storage device would cause dropped frames. Video is now throttled as needed to prevent dropped frames on save.
* Increased the speed of saving H264, now saves at up to 200fps depending on resolution
* Added trigger delay setting screen (accessible from Record Settings), which allows setting of trigger delay with slider and delay in percentage, seconds
* Added support for gated burst and segmented memory record modes
* Fixed bug with RAM controller where horizontal colored speckling may occur when camera is cold
* Added support for all memory permutations (8/16GB sticks) across both DDR3 slots. Max memory is now 32GB
* Added save fps display to playback window
* Added "Delete all user calibrations" button under Factory tab (accessible for users)
* Camera now checks that storage device has sufficient free space before starting save
* Added RAW saving (Raw binary, 12-bit packed, 16-bit unpacked LSB and MSB aligned. DNG is still in progress)
* Added mode to automatically start recording on power-up and after save is complete (see Util menu)
* Added mode to automatically save video after trigger is received. (see Util menu) Together with above, the camera can run completely standalone without an operator
* Improved boot time
* Kernel - turned off USB gadget debug
* Filesystem - USB gadget networking update and boot splash screen added for serial numbers 00000-00049
* Partial Ethernet - requires commandline access to enable (ifup eth0) (NOT SECURE! DO NOT PUT THE CAMERA ON A PUBLIC NETWORK - Behind router/firewall should be OK)
* Fixed bug in V0.2.3 Beta where camera would claim there was no free space when there clearly is enough
Installation instructions:

* Unzip the Zip file into the root directory of a FAT32 formatted USB stick
* This should result in a camUpdate folder in the root directory of the stick
* Boot up the camera and insert the USB stick
* Backup your calibration data. Tap "Backup calibration data" and wait for this to complete (about 5 seconds). The cal data is now backed up on the USB drive as cal_[serial number].tar
* To install the update, tap Apply Software Update
* A message box should pop up indicating the software update was found. Tap Yes to install the update.
* The screen will go black, you may see a screen saying "updating", and the update will be installed. This will take about 30 seconds, potentially longer depending on the speed of the USB drive. There's no feedback that anything is happening, just give it time. The camera will restart at the end of this process
* Done!

Fyodor:
Thanks!

I'll apply the update this afternoon and give it a try!

John Delonghi:
Woo-Hoo! Me too!

NoDak:
I'll have to give this a shot.

A couple questions/comments:

1. Thank you for being able to retain settings between reboots.
2. Stupid question, how fast does it currently save at? Faster save FPS will really help those 17,000 fps shots. I'm always paranoid and put big handles on my saves.
3. Easier trigger delay will be handy. Always hard to judge how long to wait before hitting the trigger. Now I can just hit it when stuff happens and know that I'll have a handle on the end.
4. What ram configurations have been used on cameras shipped thus far? Just wondering if I have  2 8gb or 1 16.
5. RAW saving I presume is uncompressed video? Is there. Information about the differences between the option you listed? Sounds like a great option for retaining maximum detail when you know you will be running the video through an editor.
6. Standalone mode will be interesting to try.

7. I know we are all waiting for this, but how are things going with HDMI support?

Thanks again for all your hard work.

JamesB:
Will try it out this weekend, that is some serious feature / bug update.  Can't wait to see the increased save speed and more importantly the drop frame fix which could occur from time to time "this is probably the most important fix"  Will report issues/findings! 

Thanks, Krontech Team!      ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version