Author Topic: Software V0.3 Beta - Updated May 3 2018  (Read 66679 times)

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
Re: Software V0.3 Beta - Updated Jan 4 2018
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2018, 10:14:49 PM »
i was at 15 bits per pixel and 60mbs, i was recomended by david 2bits per pixel and 60mbs just a minute ago so im going to try that again

That would do it! The filesize calculation is based on the bits per pixel setting, but ultimately the resultant bitrate is clipped based on the 60mbps limit. In your case, setting it to 15bpp made the camera think the saved file would be about 20x the size it actually will be. Reducing the bpp setting should fix it.

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2018, 10:29:04 PM »
My Chronos has locked up while testing to see if the issues with .3 have been solved.

I was had my camera plugged in on my desk and I was having it simply auto save the whole buffer at the default 1,000 FPS. Once I saw it had finished I would hit record and save the whole buffer after enough time had passed for it to fill.

I left the camera running overnight, recording a few more buffers worth of video as I got ready for work. I leave the camera running during the day on my desk, then come home and start recording more.

After one such save, the camera gives me a grey screen. I try to record, but it fails. I go into the settings and I cannot change the resolutions. I go out to the main screen and the camera gives the "Shutting down" message, but locks up on this screen until I hard power it down.

The card is 64gb and saved video until it was 29.8gb filled of 59.4gb (Don't know if this is relevant.)

Camera works fine after the hard reset.
We believe a memory leak may be causing this, investigating now. Does not appear to be present on V0.2.

Will keep everyone posted. For now, if you're using V0.2.5, don't leave the camera running all the time, make sure to turn it off each day.

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2018, 03:20:36 PM »
i was at 15 bits per pixel and 60mbs, i was recomended by david 2bits per pixel and 60mbs just a minute ago so im going to try that again

That would do it! The filesize calculation is based on the bits per pixel setting, but ultimately the resultant bitrate is clipped based on the 60mbps limit. In your case, setting it to 15bpp made the camera think the saved file would be about 20x the size it actually will be. Reducing the bpp setting should fix it.
yeah all fixed thanks! getting it all dialed in

rnone

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2018, 10:49:36 AM »
Hi there,

I have camera number 4 and can't get the ethernet bridge on usb to work. The interface shows up on my computer but no dhcp offer on it and no arp reply from 192.168.12.1.

I saw cams # <50 may present a problem. I have updated to 0.2.5 from Jan 4.

Do I have to tweak something by hand on the software card ? Alternately, may I manually configure eth0 from that same card ?

Thanks in advance.

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2018, 10:21:26 PM »
in this version of software it still wont save the  intensity or the color of the peaking selected across power cycles.
i believe that it should but was forgotten so i would label this as a "bug"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 11:45:13 AM by patrickrebstock »

DDR

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • Krontech
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2018, 08:12:13 PM »
It is indeed a bug. I think Simon has fixed this, possibly again, but we haven't landed the patch yet. It should be fixed in the next update. :D

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2018, 10:39:54 AM »
It is indeed a bug. I think Simon has fixed this, possibly again, but we haven't landed the patch yet. It should be fixed in the next update. :D
sounds good!
any rough estimate of the next beta firmware version?
thanks
pat

DDR

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • Krontech
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2018, 07:23:11 PM »
I'm writing the user manual now. I don't know how long it'll take, since I'm working off the old one atm. After that, we'll need to do some testing to make sure nothing's broken. Then we'll release the next beta. 8)

While I imagine the release will come fairly quickly, on the order of weeks as opposed to months, I don't actually know. The last release was before I started with Krontech, so I don't have a good idea what we actually need to do here.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2018, 12:32:37 PM »
I'm writing the user manual now. I don't know how long it'll take, since I'm working off the old one atm. After that, we'll need to do some testing to make sure nothing's broken. Then we'll release the next beta. 8)

While I imagine the release will come fairly quickly, on the order of weeks as opposed to months, I don't actually know. The last release was before I started with Krontech, so I don't have a good idea what we actually need to do here.
I talked with David via Mail about a HDR-Mode for the Chronos, and he said that there Was one in Developement currently.
Do you know, how far developement has come upon that topic?
Is that HDR-Mode planed to be Released with the next beta or do we have to wait a bit longer for that?
I am realy looking forward to this.

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2018, 03:50:15 PM »

Sounds good keep us up to date so I know when to test

DDR

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • Krontech
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2018, 09:18:03 PM »
I talked with David via Mail about a HDR-Mode for the Chronos, and he said that there Was one in Developement currently.
Is that HDR-Mode planed to be Released with the next beta or do we have to wait a bit longer for that?

We've still got plans for HDR-Mode, but unfortunately not much more than that at the moment. We are focusing on getting beta 0.3 out the door. An HDR-mode is something us at Krontech would really like to see too. :)

Sounds good keep us up to date so I know when to test
The manual for beta 0.3 is nearing completion. There's a few data tables still missing, and we need to take updated pictures of the camera. Still, the heavy writing is done now. We'll need to actually test the camera, to make sure it does what the manual says it does, before we officially release the update though. That and a handful of bugfixes. ::)

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2018, 12:52:37 AM »

We've still got plans for HDR-Mode, but unfortunately not much more than that at the moment. We are focusing on getting beta 0.3 out the door. An HDR-mode is something us at Krontech would really like to see too. :)
Good to hear this is still up.
I can understand  that you have other, more important Things to do at the moment.
But i am Realy looking forward to this HDR-Mode.

DDR

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • Krontech
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2018, 06:32:52 PM »
After I finish writing the manual we'll release Release Candidate 1 for Beta 0.3. I'm on the fifth revision of the manual now, so... soon™! :D

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2018, 12:47:44 PM »
After I finish writing the manual we'll release Release Candidate 1 for Beta 0.3. I'm on the fifth revision of the manual now, so... soon™! :D
is this where we will see the release?

DDR

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • Krontech
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2018, 03:43:31 PM »
That's the idea. I've just finished rev. 9, and am making some minor updates for rev. 10 based on some feedback from around the office.

There is a bit of a speedbump - we've discovered that we've mucked up our colour correction pipeline even more than we thought we had. We knew we had some wrong values in it - videos tend to show up a bit washed-out. We computed the right values, and put them in, and it didn't really get much better. So then we had a look at how we did colour correction and white balance and it turns out the math is just plain wrong. :P Of course, if we change the math to how it *should* be, then the color gets really messed up, so it's wrong in at least two places. There are 8-ish candidates for place #2, so we're having to go through and figure out what we should have at every step of the process. So we can figure out what's gone wrong where and fix it.

We have opted to delay the release until this is done, because colour is a fairly important feature of the colour cameras. We're hoping to have something ready next week.