Chronos > Software Dev

Software V0.3 Beta - Updated May 3 2018

<< < (18/18)

Nikon1:
can someone please update his chronos and take a Quick Shot of something with some different colors in frame?
Just the Same Shot with same Settings bevore and after Software Update.
I would just realy like to see how much better colors became with this release, but cant test it on my own because i have no chronos yet.
I never realy liked the colors of Footage from the chronos, but i think colors should be much better now.

John Delonghi:
These are framegrabs shot with the same setup just the firmware is different.
Scene lit with 5500K panel, settings were 1280x1024, 50% shutter.
H.264 @ 2bit/pixel
WB and BL set just before each recording

Ver 0.2.5:

Ver 0.3.0 RC1:

RAW frame (no processing done other than convert to .png):

Nikon1:
Wow, thanks a lot for that quick answer.
That is quite some difference.
is it just me, or does the new firmware have a bit of an yellow touch in this one?
Besides of that it looks good to me.

John Delonghi:
I white balanced and black levelled both just before shooting each clip but it does look different. I'm going to do a few more tests to see how the WB is affected.
I've now had a chance to carry out some correction to both clips and once I correct WB and bring the level up on the 0.3.0 clip, they look pretty similar.

The lighting and lens settings were the same for both clips BTW.

A bit later I'll post the videos.

I'd be interested to know why there seems to be a pink cast in the raw image even though I set WB.

From the above, it's obvious that raw is still the way to go if you want the best possible results, but I suppose that will always be the case.
It would be good if the H.264 image could be a bit brighter and sharper. I find that more of an issue than colours being a bit off.

Anyway, here's the video straight out of the camera using the 0.3.0 firmware and saving in H.264:

https://youtu.be/eBRqvvl5TdM

and here's the version put together from the RAW frames with a bit of tweaking to show the ultimate quality:

https://youtu.be/IQM21j73wO4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version