Chronos > Software Dev

Very ugly artifacts after upgrade to 0.2.5

<< < (3/3)

NiNeff:
I exchanged the RAM for two new 16GB modules and the error appears to be gone!

ExperimentalPerception:
@NiNeff, what ram are you running now?

I am wanting to upgrade my camera to 32g and would prefer to buy sticks known to work with the camera.

NoDak:
Also, is it okay to mix and match ran in the cameras long as it is all compatible. ie, can I use the 16 gb stick my camera came with and just slap in an additional 16gb stick?

I suppose I could just pop open my camera and see what make/model it already has and go hunt down another one of those.

NiNeff:
I did buy these modules: https://www.amazon.de/Komputerbay-Channel-DDR3-1600-SO-DIMM-PC3-12800/dp/B01LFQH95Q/
Also I (obviously) used only the new RAM since the factory one is most likely faulty.
Generally mixing different RAM vendors / capacities / speeds works, but will not lead to the best results. And if the RAM is accessed in dual channel mode, both modules have to be the same latency/capacity and so on, but different vendors might be ok. I don't know whether Chronos uses dual channel mode.

The default RAM has no markings which lead me to a manufacturer of it, but if you really want to I can send you a picture of it. Or the devs tell you which one it is ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version