Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

speed booster for the chronos to reduce crop on full frame lenses

(1/5) > >>

patrickrebstock:
i was dreaming about taking a bmpcc speed booster and taking off the Micro 4/3 mount and having a csmount machined , but alas the glass of the speed booster sticks out too far
anybody else have any crazy ideas with more luck to decrease fov?

tesla500:
We actually just prototyped this, not with a BMPCC speed booster however, just a low cost Chinese one, but it works very well. Speed boosters that have an MFT mount seem to be the most common, but it's not possible to convert MFT to C mount. MFT to CS mount is just possible, but no one makes that adapter. We're going to custom make our own once we have some time to design it.

John Delonghi:
Nathan at Aimed Research has made a few adapters to achieve this and he very kindly supplied me with one a couple of months ago. I can confirm it works very well with a Metabones Speedbooster and I'm shooting everything through it from now on.

In a few days I should have some nice test footage done using a Metabones XL and Nikon lenses and i'll post some of it in the footage thread so you can see how it looks.     

patrickrebstock:

--- Quote from: tesla500 on January 31, 2018, 09:52:40 PM ---We actually just prototyped this, not with a BMPCC speed booster however, just a low cost Chinese one, but it works very well. Speed boosters that have an MFT mount seem to be the most common, but it's not possible to convert MFT to C mount. MFT to CS mount is just possible, but no one makes that adapter. We're going to custom make our own once we have some time to design it.

--- End quote ---
great to see others were thinking the same thing! keep me up to date on the progress, or if you need help i do mechanical engineering work mainly solidworks

patrickrebstock:

--- Quote from: John DeLonghi on February 03, 2018, 03:26:40 AM ---Nathan at Aimed Research has made a few adapters to achieve this and he very kindly supplied me with one a couple of months ago. I can confirm it works very well with a Metabones Speedbooster and I'm shooting everything through it from now on.

In a few days I should have some nice test footage done using a Metabones XL and Nikon lenses and i'll post some of it in the footage thread so you can see how it looks.   

--- End quote ---

so awesome! yeah please do, is there a way you could alert me when you post it? also maybe a photo of the adapter? i emailed Nathan, and asked if i could purchase one off of him aswell,
thanks
patrick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version