Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

speed booster for the chronos to reduce crop on full frame lenses

<< < (2/5) > >>

patrickrebstock:

--- Quote from: patrickrebstock on February 04, 2018, 02:33:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: tesla500 on January 31, 2018, 09:52:40 PM ---We actually just prototyped this, not with a BMPCC speed booster however, just a low cost Chinese one, but it works very well. Speed boosters that have an MFT mount seem to be the most common, but it's not possible to convert MFT to C mount. MFT to CS mount is just possible, but no one makes that adapter. We're going to custom make our own once we have some time to design it.

--- End quote ---
great to see others were thinking the same thing! keep me up to date on the progress, or if you need help i do mechanical engineering work mainly solidworks

--- End quote ---
hey john are you sure its the speedboster XL that your using, i just bought that one and Nathan said that one doen't work.
wondering which one you have?
thanks
Patrick

John Delonghi:
Yes, the XL works perfectly. The Ultra also worked but the XL is better IMO.

In both cases you would need to play around with the spacers Nathan supplies to get the back focus correct.

Here are a couple of pics:

patrickrebstock:

--- Quote from: John DeLonghi on February 13, 2018, 01:21:28 AM ---Yes, the XL works perfectly. The Ultra also worked but the XL is better IMO.

In both cases you would need to play around with the spacers Nathan supplies to get the back focus correct.

Here are a couple of pics:

--- End quote ---
sick that is what i thought, just wanted to make sure because that adapter was $$$
is your adapter a little rotated off of center? if so is it possible to get it to sit straight so the lens isn't rotated, for when i use a large lens with a non rotating tripod collar?
thanks
pat

John Delonghi:
Yes, it's off-centre slightly but that's because these are essentially hand finished prototypes. If you get one you may be able to get the lens to line up better. Speak to Nathan and see what he says.

I'm more than happy with mine as it's enabled me to try speedboosters straight away. I'm sure more adapters will come along but this one is perfectly good for my needs right now.

patrickrebstock:
yeah i may get one on the angle and use that to measure the angle for nathan to correct and then get another one with that correction, unless you want to measure the angle on yours?
stoked

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version