Author Topic: Controlling camera when looking through external monitor.  (Read 8531 times)

Johnny

• View Profile
Controlling camera when looking through external monitor.
« on: February 27, 2018, 04:36:42 AM »
When eventually we'll have the HDMI support for external monitors I was wondering if there could be a different way to operate the camera.

For example if the camera's own screen is not in good position to view it during operation.

Could a feature be added that the camera's screen would work as a trackpad and you would have a visual cursor that is moving on screen?
This way you could change settings through the external monitor without having to look at the camera's screen.
Use it as a input device.

This controlling method would of course be an optional setting that you could toggle.
It would need to mirror the image from the camera to the external monitor.

DDR

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • Krontech
Re: Controlling camera when looking through external monitor.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 02:20:45 PM »
I'll be working on an external application that you can use to control the Chronos, after I've implemented a redesign of the onboard touchscreen interface. You'll be able to control the camera from your phone or laptop then. (It'll be a completely separate interface from the onboard touchscreen one.)

Would that help?

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 08:08:55 AM »
I'll be working on an external application that you can use to control the Chronos, after I've implemented a redesign of the onboard touchscreen interface. You'll be able to control the camera from your phone or laptop then. (It'll be a completely separate interface from the onboard touchscreen one.)

Would that help?

Those methods would be even better in most cases.
For the phone controlling I suspect it would only be on Android devices?

DDR

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • Krontech
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 02:53:56 PM »
I will support iPhones in addition to Android; the app will be built as a nice, modern web app so it ought to work just about everywhere outside of IE. :D