Author Topic: Minimum RAM required?  (Read 6324 times)

dgerrard

• View Profile
Minimum RAM required?
« on: February 10, 2018, 02:48:12 PM »
I just tried two different manufactures of 4GB RAM with I believe are the same specs on the memory that comes with the units without success.  I wanted to record just a couple of seconds and save the entire file automatically.  Everything seems fine until I push the record button and then the image really goes to crap; colors are wrong and some of the image is frozen while other places are still live.  Once I stop recording the bad image remains even if during playback.  I did not try to save the files.  If I power down the unit and restart, all is fine again until starting to record.

Any suggestions on which RAM to use in the 4GB size?

Doug

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
Re: Minimum RAM required?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 02:16:36 PM »
4GB RAM is not supported, 8GB is the minimum. However, if you just want to record a smaller segment, go check out the latest beta software. Under Record Settings -> Record modes, you can set the recording length as short as you want.

Let me know if this does what you want.

dgerrard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 11:40:17 AM »

Thanks, I've been waiting for the beta version to be completed with the bugs worked out before uploading.

Do you know when the automatic exposure will be finished?

Doug

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 05:27:45 PM »
Don't have any firm ETA on that, but we have additional software resources now focusing on the UI so updates should be coming faster now.