Chronos > Software Dev

Updating the UI: Main Screen Edition

(1/7) > >>

DDR:
Hey guys! I've finally got the wireframe-ish mockups I've been making into a presentable shape. I've made a few versions of a future main screen I'd love to get some feedback on. 8)

Here's an early iteration, Version A.

Version A in record mode. (The blue ring is how much memory you have left to record in to.)

After some discussion internally, this resulted in Version B, where the text moved out onto the image and the record button moved into the sidebar beside the play and save screen button.

Then patrickrebstock, somewhat unintentionally, inspired me to try switching around some of the buttons to put the most-used ones on the left side. (Or the right side, if you check that checkbox in Prefs. & Utilities.) I'm loosely preferential to the easy thumb reach in this version, though I think it was better organized in Version B. All the menus-buttons were on the right there, all the action-buttons were on the top.

Version C:

Anyway, if y'all have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them! I really need some feedback on my work - Krontech is nice, but there's only so many people I can bother here. ;)

jasonfish:
C

BiduleOhm:
Definitely version C :)

What would be awesome is to be able to chose which buttons are assigned to which functions (like top button 1 = ... top button 2 = ..., etc...).

patrickrebstock:
version c but maybe with a few tweaks,
switch record settings with the white balance,
switch the prefs & utilities with black balance

that way all camera settings are across the top where not used as much and then the right hand side is all the buttons used while shooting

different question how are we going to set white balance with the kelvin temp rather than custom in the future, is it from that button? 

jasonfish:

--- Quote from: patrickrebstock on February 23, 2018, 08:23:21 AM ---version c but maybe with a few tweaks,
switch record settings with the white balance,
switch the prefs & utilities with black balance

that way all camera settings are across the top where not used as much and then the right hand side is all the buttons used while shooting

--- End quote ---

Seconded

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version