Author Topic: Chronos Meetup Germany  (Read 625 times)

Nikon1

• View Profile
Chronos Meetup Germany
« on: February 27, 2018, 07:02:34 AM »
Since i realy want to test stuff bevore i buy it, and you wont find an Chronos in your small town´s Electronics Shop yet, i wanted to ask the Forum:
Is there somone in Germany (preferably South of Germany) who would let me come over to him and test his Chronos and let me play around a bit.
I have a Nikon 1 System and realy like those high Framerates.
So i am Looking for a Upgrade.
I also got a lot of Lenses, that should fit the Chronos quite well.
I would like to compare the Nikon J5 with the Chronos, maybe Posting Results here.
Some Time ago (Like 2 Month) i went to a big German Company, who sells Highspeedcameras, starting at 15.000€ or More.
I got about 3 Hours to test my J5 against that 26.000€ Camera and was glad i did that.
Because i was pretty disapointed from that camera.
That Camera did FullHD @5000 Fps, and 35.000 Fps @144px Vertcal Resolution which is impressive, but you will need always a massive Powersupply and a PC to control it.
And it has kind of poor Dynamic Range and Light Sensitivity.
I expected WAY more at that Price Point.
If someone Is interrested, just message me, i will upload that test.
So i realy want to test that Camera, bevore i buy it.
I think, the Chronos will fit me well Specs-wise but i am realy interrested, what the expirience of using it myselfe would be, and how it would perform with my Cine-Lenses.
Also I want to see how the Chronos would hold up to the J5. While The Chronos will beat the J5 in terms of Framerate and Resolution, i want mainly see how about Colors, Dynamic Range and Sensitivity, since the J5 has some serios Dynamic Range.
I wrote all this to David Kronstein, an he said, that they have some High Dynamic Range Mode for the Chronos coming, planed for sometime this Year.
Looking forward to this.
So if there is Someone in Germany, who would let me come over to him, please message me somehow.

NiNeff

• View Profile
Re: Chronos Meetup Germany
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 10:46:22 AM »
PM sent...

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 03:52:46 PM »
thanks

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 06:49:51 AM »
I now have found someone with a Chronos in Germany who will let me meet with him and take a closer look at the Camera. Our Meeting is Planed for 4.4.2018 or 5.4.2018. If someone is interrested to also join us, please send me a PM
Now in German again:
Ich hab jetzt jemand mit einer Chronos Aus Deutschland gefunden, der mich mal seine Kamera anschauen und testen lässt. Ich werde Außerdem Ein ganzes Arsenal An Objektiven mit C-Mount und Nikon-1-Mount Mitbringen, die alle an der Chronos gut funktionieren sollten. Könnte also auch interresant sein für Leute, die schon eine Chronos haben und sich für Objektive interresieren. Unser Treffen ist für den 4.4.2018 oder 5.4.2018 in der Mitte Deutschlands geplant. Wer auch mit dazu kommen will, schickt mir eine Persönliche Message.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 08:33:05 AM »
Hier mal ein Paar Sachen, die ich für den Tag testen wollte.

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 03:28:40 PM »
I will be back in Germany from the next week onwards and still can provide a Chronos to test with. Location in Germany varies though ;)

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 02:09:31 AM »
I will be back in Germany from the next week onwards and still can provide a Chronos to test with. Location in Germany varies though ;)
Nice to see that you are Back,
PM Sendt.

Chronos_User

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 02:42:27 AM »
Is here anyone from nothern germany?

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 02:43:55 AM »
NiNeff is, as far as i Know.
I am From Nünberg and "Tiny Rick" is form München.

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 07:09:02 AM »
NiNeff is, as far as i Know.
I am From Nünberg and "Tiny Rick" is form München.
Yes I am. However I will be moving in the next few months and I actually don't know where to yet. However I'm regulary in Würzburg, which is relatively central...

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 08:27:36 AM »
There is also the guy from the Slingshot Chanel from Youtube, he has a Chronos too, if i remind correctly.
Never seen him doing anything here in the forum, but maybe try reaching him Somehow. I think he even has an account on the Forum.
I dont know where he Lives, but it should be pretty central or in the north half in Germany.

Fyodor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 11:16:48 PM »
He lives not too far from Heidelberg.

Chronos_User

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 11:45:43 PM »
That's quite far away.
I'm looking for someone a bit closer to meet up with and talk about the chronos, the settings we are using and how to improve the videos.