Chronos > Software Dev

Deploying camApp from Qt Creator

(1/6) > >>

Matom:
Hi, I am using Chronos 1.4 for a research project and so far I am very happy with it. I need to make some changes to the software for it to function ideally for my project.

Is anyone here able to deploy a modified version of the camApp from Qt and use the camera afterwards? If so, can we share experiences?

I have installed the Qt creator following the README guide on github. Everything seems to be working and I am not getting any error messages. So far, I have not made any significant changes to the app before deploying it (I have simply changed the spelling on the main ui, just to see if it works), but I cannot use the camera with the “new” version of the App.

I am working on Ubuntu 16.04 and the Qt creator is version 3.5.1.

DDR:
What do you mean by "cannot use"? Does the screen display the main menu? Is the video always just black?

Matom:
When I have Qt open and deploy the app, the camera turns on but the video freezes if I click anything on the display. If I exit Qt and turn on the camera (with the new camera app moved to the /opt/camera folder) there is just a black screen, no display or anything.

DDR:
Hm. I have no idea - David might know. ???

tesla500:
Hi Matom,

What version did you check out from Github, and what version of software is installed on your camera? There may be a conflict if you've built the wrong software version for the FPGA version on the camera.

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version