Author Topic: Greetings & Questions from SW Ohio  (Read 7604 times)

lwaters

• View Profile
Greetings & Questions from SW Ohio
« on: February 20, 2018, 07:01:53 AM »
Hello!
  My name is Laura, I am a photographer; hired by a small engineering firm in SW Ohio to aid in the visualization aspects of their company. My background in video is very minute. I've come to this forum because I'm pretty sure Tyler (who has been extremely helpful with all of my questions) has probably grown tired of my many inquisitions.  I'm still new to this field but am loving learning it...or at the very least, am enjoying my attempts at doing so.
  We have some very interesting projects for which we are using the Chronos 1.4. We purchased the monochrome, 16gb version and are running the 0.2 camera application on it (that's what it came with). Which brings me to my first question- I've read through a few of the previous threads about a software update that came available before this camera was released. I am unsure it is the version that is on the camera- should I update the software? We would love to be shooting in raw...and be able to have the camera triggered to record and save.
  Which brings me to my second question, I know absolutely nothing about TTL triggering, but have been asked to figure out how to trigger the recording of our event (about 6 seconds of very precise data) and then save it, and then record again- so on and so forth. Ryan, who I work with but is not an electrical engineer, has figured out how to trigger the camera to stop recording with a BNC...any suggestions on where to continue with this?
  Please accept my apologies, I realize my level of understanding with these issues is elementary. When searching the web, there is so much information it is overwhelming, especially when trying to find very specific answers that pertain to very specific things. I wholly appreciate any response, suggestions or advice.
Thank you for your time!
Laura

dgerrard

• View Profile
Re: Greetings & Questions from SW Ohio
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 08:31:27 AM »
Hi Laura,

I just installed the 0.2.5 version of the firmware this weekend and love it.  I was a little concerned since it is still in the beta stage but I've had no issues with it and it should do what you want.  Its easy to install and it allows you to (1) set the duration of the recording to whatever you like including triggering whenever you like, (2) auto save the file, and (3) auto start recording.

As far as triggering, by selecting Invert and the 20mA pull up on the trigger menu, all you need for triggering is a switch of some kind.  No external circuitry is required.  You could use a switch, a relay or just momentary touch two wires together.  After the camera auto saves the file, it will go back into record mode and you can trigger subsequent times to record your events.  I hope this helps.

Doug

lwaters

• View Profile
Re: Greetings & Questions from SW Ohio
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 01:00:14 PM »
It does! Thank you so much. I'm hesitant to update to 0.2.5 while we're in the midst of testing...from what I've noticed throughout the forum though is that there haven't been too many issues with it?