Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

transfer video to computer via code

(1/10) > >>

stephanschulz:
Hi.

This camera looks amazing.
I was wondering how easy it is to connect my app running on OS X to the camera, so that I can trigger a slow motion recording and then download the file to the OS X machine, all via code.
I guess this could be done via ethernet connection or somehow copy over usb directly to computer?

I see this note at the bottom of the homepage.
"*These features are fully supported in hardware, but not yet in software. They will be added in a future free software update"
thanks for any advice.
Stephan, from Montreal.

tesla500:
Hi Stephan,

We currently are working on full Ethernet remote control, but there are some limited functions you can do remotely right now. With the v0.2.5 beta software or newer, you can set the camera to automatically save after a trigger. This will get a file onto a local storage device like an SD card. Then, with the camera connected via USB (behaves as a USB to Ethernet bridge), you can then run a script we have that will monitor the card for new files. When it finds one, the file is SCP'd over network to the PC and then deleted from the SD card.

Would this be of interest?

David

EDIT:

--- Quote from: Loial on July 31, 2018, 07:35:44 PM ---Here's the script as it stands. It requires a few libraries and needs to be run on a computer connected to the camera via USB.

The libraries it needs are: plumbum, paramiko

--- End quote ---

Preparation
Open the script in a text editor and make a change or two:
1. Set localdir to the destination on your computer where you want the files to be copied to
2. The script will look on the SD card by default.  If you want to change this, replace all 4 occurences of mmcblk1p1 in the script with the mount point of the partition that is selected on the camera. This can be checked on the Save Setting screen, accessible from the Play screen. If saving to a USB stick, sda1 is probably the one to use, though sda or sda2 may sometimes be required.
Usage
Open a terminal or command prompt and run the script using:
python2 get_latest_video.py
Troubleshooting
If having the error "paramiko.ssh_exception.SSHException: Server '192.168.12.1' not found in known_hosts," try the solution posted by rvcFS here: http://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=149.msg2717#msg2717

mh:
If you already have template code for doing this, it would be highly appreciated!

pstest:
David,
Can you also provide me with the script that monitors card for file update and then transfers file through network to PC?
Thank you,
pstest

Willem:

--- Quote from: tesla500 on March 28, 2018, 08:31:00 PM ---you can then run a script we have that will monitor the card for new files. When it finds one, the file is SCP'd over network to the PC and then deleted from the SD card.

Would this be of interest?

David

--- End quote ---

Hi David,
would it be possible that I could get the script also?

Thank you very much,
Ulrike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version