Author Topic: transfer video to computer via code  (Read 35198 times)

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
Re: transfer video to computer via code
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2020, 01:20:18 PM »
1. OTG USB
2. Attached is a windows version of the script. It has the modifications posted by rvcFS, just above in reply # 28.

Gregory_87

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2020, 09:32:14 PM »
Thank you very much. I will check this.

Gregory_87

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2020, 11:24:17 PM »
I've checked the script for win10 but I've obtained an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "get_latest_video_windows.py", line 7, in <module>
    cam = ParamikoMachine(host=host, user='root', password='', missing_host_policy=paramiko.AutoAddPolicy())
  File "C:\Users\NoName\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\plumbum\machines\paramiko_machine.py", line 264, in __init__
    self._client.connect(host, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\NoName\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\paramiko\client.py", line 368, in connect
    raise NoValidConnectionsError(errors)
paramiko.ssh_exception.NoValidConnectionsError: [Errno None] Unable to connect to port 22 on 192.168.12.1

I've disabled firewall but nothing changed. What should I do to run this script on windows 10?

clkdiv

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2020, 05:14:39 AM »
Hello, just asking to be sure I don't crash my camera: when connecting the camera to a PC via

1. OTG USB

this means I use an USB OTG adapter like  this one and then connect this adapter via a male-male cable to a USB-port of the PC? Never saw such connection yet. Will the PC then become the host?

Thanks! Martin

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2020, 12:08:34 PM »
Hello, just asking to be sure I don't crash my camera: when connecting the camera to a PC via

1. OTG USB

this means I use an USB OTG adapter like  this one and then connect this adapter via a male-male cable to a USB-port of the PC? Never saw such connection yet. Will the PC then become the host?

Thanks! Martin

I know that a cable like this will work: https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Charger-Durable-Android-Charging/dp/B01GEDOPR0/
I think an OTG cable like the one you linked will work too, but I haven't tried it.

The camera will be the host.

clkdiv

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2020, 06:10:29 AM »
Hello nice people,

I was trying to hook the camera to my computer, a Windows 10 machine. Now in this PDF is a guide to mount a network share on Windows, but I can't make it work.

First of all, just to be sure I do things right: I connected the cameras ethernet port directly to my computers ethernet port, is that ok?

If so:

On the "Network" tab in Utils there are three different control groups:

1.: Windows/SMB Network storage

Thats where I put the credential and the mount I created on windows. Now when pressing "Test" I get "SMB share CHRONOS on 192.168.254.4" is not connected. Of course 192.168.254.4 is the fixed IP address for the adapter at my computer, CHRONOS is the user name. When pressing "Apply" I get: "Mount failed: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //192.168.254.4/smb. Missing codepage or helper program or other error....

2.: NFS Network Share

Did not try that

3.: IP address

Tried 192.168.254.123 hitting "Make/Clear static IP". After that, I am able to ping the camera from the command line at the computer.

I'd really like to directly save footage over network.

What am I doing wrong? Any idea? Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 06:15:46 AM by clkdiv »

clkdiv

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2020, 04:15:42 AM »
Hello! Someone out there? Did anyone manage to setup a working network mount?

Thanks a lot!

foobar

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2020, 10:33:52 AM »
We found a couple of bugs in the v0.4.0 voyager release that may have been preventing you from successfully mounting a SMB network share. If you update your camera to the latest release via the software update tool (the about tab should show version 0.4.0~beta38 or later) then should have more success.

You can follow the details in the v0.4.0 beta thread here

SergeyKashin

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2020, 06:50:20 AM »
Is it possible to control the camera from your phone using this adapter?

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2020, 06:59:30 AM »
It might be possible. However it's way easier to just use the Wifi of your phone and a router/switch in the same network connected to the camera.

SergeyKashin

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2020, 07:37:00 AM »
It might be possible. However it's way easier to just use the Wifi of your phone and a router/switch in the same network connected to the camera.

If you go to shoot in another city, taking a router with you is not very convenient, but connecting the phone directly would be very cool, the phone can also be used as a second monitor.
Do you have a way to check this? I haven't got my camera yet and can't try it out

LimaKilo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2020, 01:00:07 AM »

If you can get your phone to work with the adapter, then yes, it should work. However, it probably won't work with your phone. I have a similar adapter, which is not recognized by my android phone. But the adapter works in principle, I've used it with my laptop and camera, and controlling the camera in the phone browser via ethernet works too.

But if you go shooting, you would probably bring a laptop with you anyways, right? Directly connecting camera and laptop via ethernet or micro USB cable (which provides virtual ethernet) works fine with the right IP settings.

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2020, 02:04:34 PM »
As LimaKilo said, the main thing is getting your phone to work with the adapter.
If your phone's browser can connect to the camera, and the browser supports Javascript (I think every modern browser would), then it should work.

nik282000

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2020, 02:58:34 PM »

I have a portable wifi-router/access point device (this one in particular but anything similar will work https://www.amazon.ca/Gigastone-Media-Streamer-Plus-Built/dp/B00NHWK01C). You can connect it to your camera by ethernet cable and then connect to the router device wirelessly with your phone or laptop. There are loads of clones that can be found on 'over seas' websites.

They are pretty cheap, keep the cable count down on your rig and isolate your camera from the internet/other devices.

SergeyKashin

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2020, 12:17:53 PM »
Interesting thing, only the reviews are not very good, but you can find something similar. Then it remains to ask the krontech team to make an application for us through which we could manage and watch, it would be much more convenient than going through the browser and entering an IP. Is it possible to make such an app for android and ios?