Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

How Long Does Black Calibration Take?

(1/2) > >>

Duane Degn:
I received my camera today and I'm current performing a black calibration. The message "Performing black calibration. Please wait." has been displayed well over an hour. I have a feeling something is wrong.

I have the lens cap in place.

I'm using a SanDisk 8GB (class 10) SD card, formatted as FAT32.

What's the longest time I should expect a black calibration to take?

Critters:
~15 seconds

tesla500:

--- Quote from: Duane Degn on June 12, 2017, 04:22:21 PM ---I received my camera today and I'm current performing a black calibration. The message "Performing black calibration. Please wait." has been displayed well over an hour. I have a feeling something is wrong.

I have the lens cap in place.

I'm using a SanDisk 8GB (class 10) SD card, formatted as FAT32.

What's the longest time I should expect a black calibration to take?

--- End quote ---

That's definitely gotten stuck in some way, it should take about 15-20 seconds or so. Restart the camera and try again.

What resolution/frame rate did you have the camera set to? I'll try to reproduce the problem here.

Duane Degn:

--- Quote from: tesla500 on June 12, 2017, 04:58:24 PM ---What resolution/frame rate did you have the camera set to?

--- End quote ---

The black calibration appears to hang no matter which resolution/rate I chose.

Should I be seeing a preview image on the screen?

I have yet to see any image other than flashing vertical lines on the screen.

When I have some time, I'll make a video showing what I'm seeing.

tesla500:
Flashing vertical lines definitely isn't normal, you should get a normal image once the camera is booted. If you're not getting a proper image, we'll swap your camera out for another one.

Boot the camera, then press record, and one second later press stop. Got into playback mode, how many frames does it show have been recorded? This will be displayed on the center of the button area on the right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version