Author Topic: transfer video to computer via code  (Read 175 times)

stephanschulz

• View Profile
transfer video to computer via code
« on: March 28, 2018, 03:19:26 PM »
Hi.

This camera looks amazing.
I was wondering how easy it is to connect my app running on OS X to the camera, so that I can trigger a slow motion recording and then download the file to the OS X machine, all via code.
I guess this could be done via ethernet connection or somehow copy over usb directly to computer?

I see this note at the bottom of the homepage.
"*These features are fully supported in hardware, but not yet in software. They will be added in a future free software update"
thanks for any advice.
Stephan, from Montreal.

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
Re: transfer video to computer via code
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 08:31:00 PM »
Hi Stephan,

We currently are working on full Etherent remote control, but there are some limited functions you can do remotely right now. With the v0.2.5 beta software, you can set the camera to automatically save after a trigger. This will get a file onto a local storage device like an SD card. Then, with the camera connected via USB (behaves as a USB to Ethernet bridge), you can then run a script we have that will monitor the card for new files. When it finds one, the file is SCP'd over network to the PC and then deleted from the SD card.

Would this be of interest?

David

mh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 09:37:15 AM »
If you already have template code for doing this, it would be highly appreciated!

pstest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 01:38:01 PM »
David,
Can you also provide me with the script that monitors card for file update and then transfers file through network to PC?
Thank you,
pstest