Author Topic: Chronos 1.4 Footage Thread  (Read 9449 times)

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Chronos 1.4 Footage Thread
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2018, 01:18:08 AM »
:EDIT: BTW: Nice Colors on those HIghspeed-Shots. TBH the first clip filmed on a chronos (which i have seen at least) where i realy like the colors and find them realistic. Did you do any fancy Editing Magic on that or is it just straight out of camera? :EDIT:
Hi Nikon1,

I used the Fujian Prime lens from the store and a Back-Bone Computar 1/2″ 8-48mm F1.2 6X Zoom C-Mount Lens. It produces that vignetting if it is zoomed out.
Hadn't enough space between action and camera so that i couldn't zoom in to see no vignetting...

Until now I have not found a solution to get rid of that problem :(
Ok, now that makes sense. I was wondering, if the 12,5-75mm Standard-Lens would vignett so badly on the Chronos...
But if that is just a 1/2" Lens, than this makes much more sense.
The only thing i know of, that would be realy wide and also "affordable" @230€ is this lens:
https://www.amazon.com/Azure-Photonics-AZURE-0614MLM-C-Mount-Megapixel/dp/B00OBMUSUK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
Amazon and B&H are the only places i have found it yet for sale.
But i dont know if B&H ships their stuff to Germany.
Have never seen one sold used.
Should cover 1" completely while not beeing Fisheye.
I donīt have this Lens Yet, but that will be one of the next Lenses to get for my Nikon1 J5.
Or maybe try a Wide-Angle-Converter (Like 0,8x or 0,6x) and combine it with the 12,5-75.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:25:12 AM by Nikon1 »

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2018, 03:22:25 AM »
Hi Nikon1,

I used the Fujian Prime lens from the store and a Back-Bone Computar 1/2″ 8-48mm F1.2 6X Zoom C-Mount Lens. It produces that vignetting if it is fully zoomed.
Hadn't enough space between action and camera so that i couldn't zoom in to see no vignetting...

Until now I have not found a solution to get rid of that problem :(
I did just remember that i had a 0,5x Wide-Angle-Converter lying around. i just tried it, and it would work great with the 12,5-75mm and the Chronos.
Pictuers attached to that post. Also pictures of the Converter itself.

Shot on the Nikon J5. The Red Frame Shows the Chronos-Sensor-Size.
Both Shot @ 12.5mm. The one With Converter is unfortunately out of focus by a little bit.
I dont think, that this will give you a real 6mm Focal length, but it makes the Lens quite a bit wider, while almost not vignetting.
For 16:9 it should be no problem at all.
Since i dont use it and since it would also most likely be not worth the effort to trying to sell that thing, i can offer to send it to you for free if you like it.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2018, 03:39:15 AM »
Pictures of Lens with vs Without Converter.
:EDIT: Sorry, seems my internet connection is too slow to upload the images of the Lens. :EDIT:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 03:54:41 AM by Nikon1 »

slowbro

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2018, 02:47:21 PM »
Quick RAW DNG test. Shot at 1500 fps. Edited in Lightroom for basic adjustments and added cropmarks in NLE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0nmYEUXhrY

nik282000

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2018, 07:16:07 PM »
I'm going to be at the Toronto Maker Festival this year so I have been compacting my demos for travel. I build a mini-ribbon speaker and it does some seriously weird stuff when over driven. The video shows both real time and Chrono-vision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ9kBvjkv84

Anton4

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2018, 03:01:24 AM »

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2018, 06:59:36 AM »
Dragonfly 1502 fps

https://youtu.be/Sobw_T681q8
Nice! I'm planning to do similar shots but could not be bothered to set them up yet. Also those insects are fast!