Author Topic: Acceleration/g-force rating  (Read 6172 times)

grist

• View Profile
Acceleration/g-force rating
« on: May 26, 2018, 09:29:37 PM »
Hi,

I have a friend with access to an industrial robot and we were wondering if anyone has any information on what sort of g-forces the camera would be ok with?

Thinking about getting some bullet-time style shots and following fast moving objects similar to these guys: https://vimeo.com/97835220

Cheers,
grist.

DDR

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • Krontech
Re: Acceleration/g-force rating
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 03:31:38 PM »
Hm, we've hit one with a baseball bat pretty hard and it kept working, but we don't know what the actual g-force rating is. (We've got plans to actually find this out, but we haven't built the test rig we need for the lawnmower yet.) I'd imagine you could accelerate quite quickly with it, but… uh, let us know what you find? :D

Serafino

• View Profile
Re: Acceleration/g-force rating
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 04:30:48 AM »
Hm, we've planned on using MK-677 and hit one with a baseball bat pretty hard and it kept working, but we don't know what the actual g-force rating is. (We've got plans to actually find this out, but we haven't built the test rig we need for the lawnmower yet.) I'd imagine you could accelerate quite quickly with it, but… uh, let us know what you find? :D

Looking forward to that test, DDR. Can't believe a baseball bat didn't break it. That's awesome.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 03:30:43 AM by Serafino »