Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Mounting Holes

(1/2) > >>

Jeffism:
Obligatory "FIRST!!". Somehow I managed to create the first ever thread on this forum.

Anyway, does anyone have the dimensions for the mounting holes and threads that were added to the front of the camera? I'll be using it in close proximity to firearms and I'm looking at building a protective case or shield around the front of the camera.  Cheaper to replace a sacrificial piece of acrylic or polycarbonate rather than replace a lens or camera should it be hit with shrapnel or muzzle blast.

Thanks,
Jeff

AimedResearch:
I would be more concerned about the muzzle blast/pressure damaging electronics than shrapnel (if the camera will be placed fairly close to the firearm.

Jeffism:
It's not going to be THAT close to the muzzle blast that it would affect the electronics. The default lens has a pretty decent zoom range. I'm just trying to protect against things like ejected brass cases, splash from loose dirt/rocks or possibly a ricochet, depending on how thick I'm going to make the shield.

Critters:
Maybe they can share the CAD file for the case so people can use it to model accessories from?

tesla500:

--- Quote from: Jeffism on May 26, 2017, 05:26:55 AM ---Obligatory "FIRST!!". Somehow I managed to create the first ever thread on this forum.

Anyway, does anyone have the dimensions for the mounting holes and threads that were added to the front of the camera? I'll be using it in close proximity to firearms and I'm looking at building a protective case or shield around the front of the camera.  Cheaper to replace a sacrificial piece of acrylic or polycarbonate rather than replace a lens or camera should it be hit with shrapnel or muzzle blast.

Thanks,
Jeff

--- End quote ---

The front face has M4 holes on a 35x80mm rectangle, with the lens mount at the center. I made up some simple 3D printable shield holders, I've attached the 3D model to this post. Here's a picture of how they're used.

CAD model and drawings coming soon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version