Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

No storage devices detected?

(1/1)

markserbu:
Went to do some high-speed video the other day only to find that I couldn't save to the SD card!  I got the "No save location set" message and when I went to try to correct that, I get a "No storage devices detected" message.  Tried plugging a thumb drive into the side as well, but no joy.  Running 2.5 beta firmware.  Am I missing something simple or is there a problem?

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: markserbu on May 31, 2018, 05:21:29 AM ---Went to do some high-speed video the other day only to find that I couldn't save to the SD card!  I got the "No save location set" message and when I went to try to correct that, I get a "No storage devices detected" message.  Tried plugging a thumb drive into the side as well, but no joy.  Running 2.5 beta firmware.  Am I missing something simple or is there a problem?

--- End quote ---
I cant answer that for sure, but in an other thread i have seen someone have a similar Problem. Reformating solved this. Maybe look it up in the Forum for details, i dont know anymore, where that was.

tesla500:
Check that the device is formatted FAT32. Many SD cards come formatted exFAT, and this isn't yet supported. If it's already FAT32, try reformatting it.

markserbu:

--- Quote from: tesla500 on May 31, 2018, 08:19:02 AM ---Check that the device is formatted FAT32. Many SD cards come formatted exFAT, and this isn't yet supported. If it's already FAT32, try reformatting it.

--- End quote ---

Wouldn't you know it...of the dozen SD cards strewn about my desk, I had to grab an NTFS one and a FAT32 that the camera just doesn't like.  Similar situation with the two thumb drives I stuck in the USB port.  Comedy of errors!  Sorry for wasting your time!  But as long as I'm wasting it, could you tell me what I did to be a "Super Supporter!" as listed under "Kickstarter Backers" in the camera?  I'm honored, of course; I just don't remember what I did (other than making giant guns).   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version