Author Topic: No storage devices detected?  (Read 6968 times)

markserbu

• View Profile
No storage devices detected?
« on: May 31, 2018, 05:21:29 AM »
Went to do some high-speed video the other day only to find that I couldn't save to the SD card!  I got the "No save location set" message and when I went to try to correct that, I get a "No storage devices detected" message.  Tried plugging a thumb drive into the side as well, but no joy.  Running 2.5 beta firmware.  Am I missing something simple or is there a problem?

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: No storage devices detected?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 07:18:48 AM »
Went to do some high-speed video the other day only to find that I couldn't save to the SD card!  I got the "No save location set" message and when I went to try to correct that, I get a "No storage devices detected" message.  Tried plugging a thumb drive into the side as well, but no joy.  Running 2.5 beta firmware.  Am I missing something simple or is there a problem?
I cant answer that for sure, but in an other thread i have seen someone have a similar Problem. Reformating solved this. Maybe look it up in the Forum for details, i dont know anymore, where that was.

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 08:19:02 AM »
Check that the device is formatted FAT32. Many SD cards come formatted exFAT, and this isn't yet supported. If it's already FAT32, try reformatting it.

markserbu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 05:06:29 PM »
Check that the device is formatted FAT32. Many SD cards come formatted exFAT, and this isn't yet supported. If it's already FAT32, try reformatting it.

Wouldn't you know it...of the dozen SD cards strewn about my desk, I had to grab an NTFS one and a FAT32 that the camera just doesn't like.  Similar situation with the two thumb drives I stuck in the USB port.  Comedy of errors!  Sorry for wasting your time!  But as long as I'm wasting it, could you tell me what I did to be a "Super Supporter!" as listed under "Kickstarter Backers" in the camera?  I'm honored, of course; I just don't remember what I did (other than making giant guns).   ;D