Author Topic: Two Camera Setup. (help me)  (Read 5840 times)

hellfireh

• View Profile
Two Camera Setup. (help me)
« on: July 02, 2018, 09:01:05 AM »
I am using two Chronos 1.4 cameras (The slave camera has 16g of ram and the master has 32g ram) for an experiment and I am trying set it up so that they both capture frames at the same time. I have the cameras connected with a BNC cable. I have the master camera set to frame sync output and the slave camera set to shutter gating. I have debounce turned off on the slave camera and on on the master camera. invert and 20ma pullup turned on on both camera. I also have invert output selected on the master camera under frame sync output. Both the cameras are on version 0.2.5

But when i hit the record button on the slave camera it starts to capture frames while the master camera is not recording yet. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 09:03:01 AM by hellfireh »

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
Re: Two Camera Setup. (help me)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 07:41:25 PM »
The behavior you see is normal. The frame sync output is always active on the master camera, even when the camera is not recording. To sync the two cameras properly, you'll need to set up a second trigger as a record end trigger, so that both the master and slave cameras stop recording simultaneously. I would also recommend setting the record length to the same value on both cameras, so that the recordings are of the same length are lined up properly. Otherwise you'll need to sync the two recordings based on the end rather than the beginning.

You'll want to turn off the 20mA pullup on the slave camera, to avoid possible issues with signal levels.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,
David