Chronos > Software Dev

Updating the UI: Battery

<< < (2/3) > >>

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: DDR on July 19, 2018, 03:21:15 PM ---I'd love to add in more "little sounds" to the UI, like a little click when pressing a button.

--- End quote ---
If you do that, then please also add an Option to turn off all those sounds as well, since some People (Like me) maybe dont like to have them.
I get the point, why someone maybe wants to have those Sounds on his UI, but for me one of the first things to do with a new Camera is to turn all those UI-Sound-Effects off...
That would be one of the most anoying things i could think of, if it makes all the Sounds, and you canīt even turn it off, if you would like to do that.

DDR:

--- Quote from: Nikon1 on July 20, 2018, 01:18:18 AM ---If you do that, then please also add an Option to turn off all those sounds as well, since some People (Like me) maybe dont like to have them.

--- End quote ---
Absolutely! That's always one of the first things I do when I get a new device too. :)

NiNeff:
I just noticed that in the current UI there's no way to see your battery level while you are saving videos. If you're using raw saving might take a while and It's very risky to unplug the camera then if you don't know how much charge is left.
TL;DR: make the battery icon visible on all screens or at least on those where you might be stuck for a while :D

DDR:

--- Quote from: NiNeff on August 18, 2018, 01:35:43 AM ---I just noticed that in the current UI there's no way to see your battery level while you are saving videos.

--- End quote ---

Yessss, that would be a really good one to fix. I've added a battery level readout to the play & save screen mockup, so the issue will be fixed when I get the UI redesign in. (In general, I think I need to take another whack at the play & save screen design. I don't think it's very intuitive at the moment. 😒)

More generally, I'm hoping the battery will be more accessible through the (eventually) upcoming remote control app. The back-of-camera interface is somewhat constrained by size and mode of interaction, but with the app I'm hoping we'll be able to be a little bolder.

DDR:
Figured I'd post this for general interest - I've got the battery & power screen working, ui-wise. It's running against mock data, but when this data is live it should work exactly the same way. (I still need to do the checkboxes, but that'll come later. Even the checkboxes in the design are mocks… I'm definitely going to make them more elegant. ;) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version