Chronos > Software Dev

"Missing" the out point when saving.

(1/3) > >>

nik282000:
When saving files I have had the camera miss the Mark Out point a couple of times.

I set my in and out, set 30fps for the output file frame rate and then hit save, the camera goes through its saving sequence but it passes the Mark Out point and if I am not paying attention it will wrap around back to the beginning of the recording (see image below). Aborting after the camera has passed the out point causes it to become unresponsive (I haven't caught it before wrapping around yet), powering off then on gets it going again. The saved file is unplayable in VLC  (I haven't tried any creative methods of extracting frames).

Has any one else seen this behavior?

Passed the Out and wrapped around: http://i.imgur.com/rjJjoKZ.jpg
Note the Current frame, Mark In and Mark Out.

tesla500:
That is known to happen when the card becomes completely full during save, and potentially if the card doesn't have enough write speed. It seems quite rare though, if you find a way to reliably duplicate it, let me know!

nik282000:
Awesome, thanks for the info. I am using a "SanDisk Ultra Fit 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ43-128G-G46)" which has been working well until now but I do have a bunch of non-Chonos crap on the disk as well. I'll see if clearing it out makes a difference.

tesla500:
I would try an SD card, I've experienced far more problems with USB drives than SD cards.

Camoit:

--- Quote from: tesla500 on June 24, 2017, 11:50:58 AM ---I would try an SD card, I've experienced far more problems with USB drives than SD cards.

--- End quote ---

Do you have a list of compatible SD cards yet, that you recommend?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version