Author Topic: Software V0.3 RC2 (Updated June 11, 2018)  (Read 28946 times)

BlackthorneMedia

• View Profile
Re: Software V0.3 RC1
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2018, 02:26:53 PM »
OK. Took her to 3 RC1 and played with it in the field for 4 days. Had one crash that was likely operator induced (tapping buttons too quickly). Other than that stable as hell and no issue with RAW (other than MUCH slower rate to dump, but thats understandable)

Greatly appreciate the faster black calibrate. When you shoot gonzo in the field like I do it key to getting the camera online fast.

LOVE LOVE LOOVE the new style of focus assist! ITS PERFECT!

Still digging around, but overall fantastic work.

All I need now is that damn HDMI working!

Thanks guys!

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 01:33:51 PM »
OK. Took her to 3 RC1 and played with it in the field for 4 days. Had one crash that was likely operator induced (tapping buttons too quickly).

Hi, I'm one of the UI programmers at Krontech.  What state was the camera in when the buttons were pressed, and which buttons were they? I'd like to get this crash fixed.

ThomasYiPP

• Digital experiences for screens & spaces
    • View Profile
    • yipp.nl
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2018, 07:18:13 AM »
Hi Forum

I'm wondering if this updated software release (when it's officially released) will have support for ethernet connectivity (I read it's being developed and is a high priority)?  The updated manual states that it's still pending.  Any insights would be appreciated.

I've just ordered a pair of cameras to do high-speed stereo kinematic reconstructions of insect flight... my rig (wind tunnel, etc.) means access to the SD card for offloading video will be awkward.  I did read that there is a script that allows monitoring of the SD card for new files then automatically sending them to a remote computer by SCP... additional information about that option would be appreciated (information beyond what is already on the forum, of course).

Can't wait for the new cameras to arrive!
J.
Hey Jeff,

As we are all waiting for Ethernet functionality we used the USB RNDIS-network interface. We made a tiny .net application in visual studio with WINSCP that simply copies all files of the SD card with the push of a button.
sourcecode: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ri6my2bypkxxfpx/KronTechConnectorPublic.zip?dl=0
If there are more people interested it could be made into a nice tool with a more features and a decent UI but let's start a separate thread for that.

Jeff_Dawson

• View Profile
    • Insect Flight Group
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 12:17:13 PM »
Thank you!

Jeff.

CR0M3

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 08:33:23 AM »
Hi :)
Tiny Issue
Click Reset to Default > Overwrite Settings? > Yes > Is it ok to restart? > Yes > Shutting Down (It basically shuts down for ever.)

You could replace the Shutting Down-Text with with something like this:
Or just fix it. YeYe the good old times :D I still have one of those crappy 33MHz PCs...Very useful

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 07:25:24 PM »
RC2 posted, see the first post in this thread.

Notable Changes (from V0.3 RC1):
- White balance can be selected from 5 common presets in addition to taking your own as you could previously.
- Colour calibration (via Set White Balance) now works as expected, and produces vastly more realistic colours.
- Fixed bug where corrupted frames would occur randomly (only on some cameras)
- Set White Balance now calculates against 80% brightness white instead of 100% brightness white.
- File size warning when saving are generally more reliable now. (eg., 4+GB file warning now FAT32-only, since only FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit.)
- Saving doesn't change the marked region of video. (Previously, it would advance video marks to the end of the recorded area.)
- Changes to video saving settings are now applied as they are made, not just when the popup is closed.
- Added a visual button to add more pre-record slider time in the trigger delay window.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 07:28:11 AM »
RC2 posted, see the first post in this thread.

Notable Changes (from V0.3 RC1):
- White balance can be selected from 5 common presets in addition to taking your own as you could previously.
- Colour calibration (via Set White Balance) now works as expected, and produces vastly more realistic colours.
- Fixed bug where corrupted frames would occur randomly (only on some cameras)
- Set White Balance now calculates against 80% brightness white instead of 100% brightness white.
- File size warning when saving are generally more reliable now. (eg., 4+GB file warning now FAT32-only, since only FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit.)
- Saving doesn't change the marked region of video. (Previously, it would advance video marks to the end of the recorded area.)
- Changes to video saving settings are now applied as they are made, not just when the popup is closed.
- Added a visual button to add more pre-record slider time in the trigger delay window.
Any News on the HDR-Mode yet?

nik282000

• View Profile
Re: Software V0.3 RC2 (Updated June 11, 2018)
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2018, 06:29:52 PM »
Awesome, updated just fine and all the features are there. Only weird thing I could see is under "About" it still says RC1, made me do a double take after the update. Thanks for features and fixes!

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2018, 03:51:27 AM »
Awesome, updated just fine and all the features are there. Only weird thing I could see is under "About" it still says RC1, made me do a double take after the update. Thanks for features and fixes!
Same here.
This was actually the first update which completed on it's own ;)

ThomasYiPP

• Digital experiences for screens & spaces
    • View Profile
    • yipp.nl
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2018, 07:17:33 AM »

It's not set the settings after a reboot anymore though. I set it to save @ 25fps and that works but after a reboot it saves video at the default 60fps. If I then open the save settings it shows 25fps and applies it automatically but that does mean I have to manually go to that menu again after reboot. This does not work in our use case where the camera is up at the ceiling :P

I'm still getting corrupt frames and more importantly after many sequential recordings a freeze, either just a grey image and not responding or a forever "shutting down krontech.ca" screen (after about 40 video's 1280x720, 800 frames long, using 3.0 RC2).

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2018, 06:28:39 PM »

It's not set the settings after a reboot anymore though. I set it to save @ 25fps and that works but after a reboot it saves video at the default 60fps. If I then open the save settings it shows 25fps and applies it automatically but that does mean I have to manually go to that menu again after reboot. This does not work in our use case where the camera is up at the ceiling :P

I'm still getting corrupt frames and more importantly after many sequential recordings a freeze, either just a grey image and not responding or a forever "shutting down krontech.ca" screen (after about 40 video's 1280x720, 800 frames long, using 3.0 RC2).

We've been able to reproduce this on our end as well, thanks for pointing it out. Looking into it, the fix we had reduced the problem but it appears not to be a complete solution. Working on a full fix right now, check back the next few days for RC3.

Taofledermaus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2018, 01:15:49 PM »
I can't be the only one who has trouble with these updates.   No matter how I follow the instructions,   it still takes an hour of trying to shift files around until I either give up or get lucky and it eventually works.    I think I am still on version 2.0.   

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2018, 03:21:16 PM »
I can't be the only one who has trouble with these updates.   No matter how I follow the instructions,   it still takes an hour of trying to shift files around until I either give up or get lucky and it eventually works.    I think I am still on version 2.0.   

You have one of the original prototypes which is not compatible with these updates (yet). Check your email shortly, we can upgrade your camera to accept the production firmware releases