Chronos > Software Dev

Software Roadmap - 0.3.1, 0.4.x, etc.

<< < (10/12) > >>

ThomasYiPP:
Hey DDR,

Great to hear you guys are close, we're a month further and sorry to bother again but we have a deadline for an expensive project where we really need this feature (we don't want to open the camera and solder a switch to the pcb, I think it kinda voids the warranty)  ;D

DDR:
Hi Thomas. As it stands, @skronstein is working on a test plan for verification of 0.3.x. So that should be coming in a few weeks, once we've actually checked it does what we say it does. @tesla500 is working on an improved version of the power-down feature for your use. A more configurable version will be released with the new UI, on the power screen. I myself am busy with 0.5.x UI, which will be served by the API Johan is working on for 0.4.x. (We've experienced difficulty extracting the sensor initialization logic from the old camApp code.)

I hope that helps explain what we've been working on. There haven't been any major milestones to announce, so I'm afraid we've been pretty quiet.

JamesB:
I see lots of work behind the scenes. I was wondering if we could save Black Cal profiles that can be recalled instead of waiting for the camera to warm up and calibrate several times to reduce the vertical banding every use. To get to a pretty clean image it takes me about 26min and 4-5 black cals.   Thanks DDR!

DDR:
Hi JamesB.

I've asked around, and the backend guys have told me that saving/restoring black cal images would be "very hard". I'd like to see that feature myself — I've had a lot of difficulty around changing temperature and black cal — so I'm still going to push for it.

There was some unrelated work done to improve the vertical banding problem, however. It should land in either the next 0.3.x beta or 0.4.x, and should help that issue quite a bit. :D

JamesB:
Glad to know the banding is being improved, thanks for the heads up!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version