Author Topic: Monitoring value on IO trigger  (Read 8080 times)

Matom

• View Profile
Monitoring value on IO trigger
« on: August 02, 2018, 05:36:22 AM »
Hi Krontech,

Is there a way to monitor the value on the trigger inputs in the software?

I would like to constantly monitor the value (low/high or 0/1) on the trigger inputs, like you can do on e.g. a GPIO pin. The idea is to send this value to a pixel on the image, thereby knowing if the given trigger input was low/high during that specific frame.

Cheers,
Maja

NiNeff

• View Profile
Re: Monitoring value on IO trigger
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 11:16:40 AM »
As far as I'm aware this is not possible yet with the current software. Logging the inputs however is planned.

Matom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 08:08:52 AM »
Okay, thank you very much.

The answer might be the same to the following question, but is there a way to access the DAC?

I see some mentioning of io1DAC and io2DAC, but I cant find the exact address. So far we have tried to read from map_base+offset but the values there are always the same. I would really like to read an analog signal somehow. 

Do you have any suggestions?

DDR

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • Krontech
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 12:00:49 PM »
Hi Matom.

The CPU isn't really fast enough to record trigger inputs on a per-frame basis. We're currently working on a metadata system which will capture the inputs on the FPGA side, so you'll have access to timing information and trigger information on a per-frame basis. This is tentatively scheduled for the 0.4.x software release, iirc.

Reading from the analog inputs is not currently supported. There is a chance the FPGA may not expose it to the CPU yet. However, I hope you are able to figure something out. Getting all the inputs working is something we'd all really like to do here as well. :-[