Chronos > Software Dev

AHD demosaic beta update - Much better sharpness for in-camera h264 saving

<< < (8/8)

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: tesla500 on September 17, 2018, 06:47:51 PM ---The "proper" solution requires a hardware change; an OLPF (optical low pass filter) placed in front of the image sensor, where the IR filter is. This deliberately blurs the image slightly before it hits the image sensor, smearing the sharp single pixel objects over adjacent pixels, which allows the normal demosaic interpolation to get the true color of the drops instead of the false color you're seeing. After demosaic, a digital sharpening filter undoes the blurring effect of the OLPF. I'm currently looking into having these made, they'd eventually make it into new production cameras, and also be available as a user installable upgrade for existing owners.

--- End quote ---
Yes, that was what i wanted to say, but since im not an Native English-Speaker i dont know the exact term for it. I thought it was Called anti-Alliasing-Filter.
So sorry for the confusion here, i was referring to an Low pass filter.

Loial:
Good news - I was able to reproduce the issue in simulation and easily tracked down the variables that were causing issues. I've fixed them but the changes need to make their way back into the main code. We should be able to make an update that removes this artifact in the next couple days.

JamesB:
Good that a fix was found, this also applies for any bright lit metallic object with specular highlights!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version