Author Topic: AHD demosaic beta update - Much better sharpness for in-camera h264 saving  (Read 30585 times)

NiNeff

• View Profile
If you want I can send you an image of my updated SD card. You would need to restore your callibration data (mine is part of the SD image). It's ~700mb but I think Google drive will share stuff that big.
Or just use the image provides on the official website:
https://www.krontech.ca/software-updates.html
scoll all the way to the bottom

nik282000

• View Profile
That image is for the v0.1 software.

NiNeff

• View Profile
oops, you're right. I thought they've updated it. however it would still give you a known clean state to start from.

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
The card image mentioned above is V0.1, you can directly update to V0.3.0, then apply the demosaic update.

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
The card image mentioned above is V0.1, you can directly update to V0.3.0, then apply the demosaic update.
i am on version 3.0 and it won't let me do software update, i have tried 4 diffrent usb's now

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
Can you successfully save video to those USB drives on the camera?

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
i have never tried to save to usb drive, but i can try now, i always used sd card

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
Yeah it saves onto memory stick

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
any ideas, still stuck

NiNeff

• View Profile
the updatescript is not that complicated, you could maybe put the required files on a working sd card and then connect to the camera via ssh. From there on you could manually update things from the sd card without the cam software.

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
the updatescript is not that complicated, you could maybe put the required files on a working sd card and then connect to the camera via ssh. From there on you could manually update things from the sd card without the cam software.
not that complicated is relative, haha. whats a ssh? im not a computer guy

NiNeff

• View Profile
not that complicated is relative, haha. whats a ssh? im not a computer guy
SSH is a way to connect your camera to a computer and then execute commands via a terminal in text-form. It's really powerfull but has a steep learning courve.
If you can tell me the EXACT mounting point of your SD-card (something like "/dev/mmcblk0p2"; can be seen in the save dialog) I could modify the updatescript to run from there for you. You'd probably still need to start it manually as the camapp software is likely not going to see it on there but at least you won't have to do all the commands by hand.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 09:00:57 AM by NiNeff »

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
on my 6 or 7th memory stick and several tries per stick finally got it to 3.9, wow that was harder than expected but now got it, into the waterhousing it goes!

NiNeff

• View Profile
glad you made it!
@devs can we get updating via Ethernet in the future? Should make things easier.

DDR

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • Krontech
Re: AHD demosaic beta update - Much better sharpness for in-camera h264 saving
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2018, 09:50:07 PM »
Mm, ethernet updating would be nice…