Author Topic: Connect to Chronos 1.4 via Ethernet  (Read 6675 times)

yliu

• View Profile
Connect to Chronos 1.4 via Ethernet
« on: August 09, 2018, 09:01:39 AM »
Hello,
   I am wondering if it is possible to directly connect Chronos using winscp after connecting it to PC via USB port. It would be helpful if I can manage the files on the SD card this way. I tried to connect using the IP address obtained from ipconfig, but the camera seems to refuse the connection. I am using software 0.3.0_RC on the camera.
   I also read from another post that a web api is being developed. Is there any update on that end? Thank you very much!

Tabatha_Hughes

• Krontech
  • Operations Manager
    • View Profile
Re: Connect to Chronos 1.4 via Ethernet
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 09:43:27 AM »
Hey there,
If you check out the Software Dev section, there is a post about our software road-map that has details about the progression of the software for the Chronos. Ethernet is on the way as well as the API in the fall.
I know that scp has been used with some of the dev cameras here at Kron Tech. But I am not sure if the software guys were using it on the Debian testing software or if they did get it working with Arago (0.3.0).

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 12:46:41 PM »
A python script that automatically copies files over the network was explained and posted here http://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=149.0

yliu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 02:36:52 PM »
Thank you for the suggestions. When I tried the script, there is an error message saying something like the host actively refuses the connection. Is it because I am using software 0.3.0_RC on the camera? Do I need to check if the port is open for scp? Actually this script is the reason why I was thinking about using winscp to connect to the camera file system directly. Assuming the script works fine, does it mean that it should also work with winscp? Thanks again for helping out.