Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

HDMI port - has anyone hooked up an external monitor?

(1/3) > >>

Taofledermaus:
My eyesight sucks and I am wondering if anyone has tried to hook up an external monitor to their camera?   I film everything in bright sunlight and
it can be difficult for me to just verify if I have focus, etc.  ideal for each shot.   

gyppor:
Jeff,

I believe the HDMI port isn't activated yet. I've tried connecting my desktop monitor but to no avail.
I've been looking at cheap ebay HDMI viewfinders to solve the brightness probem. So far I've been using a jacket draped over my head and the camera to do adjustments. I suspect a proper shade will help but a viewfinder would be ideal.

Love your Youtube channel, by the way :-)

G

Simon:

--- Quote from: Taofledermaus on June 29, 2017, 02:50:06 PM ---My eyesight sucks and I am wondering if anyone has tried to hook up an external monitor to their camera?   I film everything in bright sunlight and
it can be difficult for me to just verify if I have focus, etc.  ideal for each shot.

--- End quote ---

HSC seems to be quite pleased with the sunshade: http://www.hispeedcams.com/chronos-1-4-mods-make-improvements/

tesla500:
Matthew is making some decent progress on the software side towards getting HDMI working, so that update shouldn't be all that far off.

Taofledermaus:

--- Quote from: Simon on June 30, 2017, 05:25:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: Taofledermaus on June 29, 2017, 02:50:06 PM ---My eyesight sucks and I am wondering if anyone has tried to hook up an external monitor to their camera?   I film everything in bright sunlight and

--- End quote ---

HSC seems to be quite pleased with the sunshade: http://www.hispeedcams.com/chronos-1-4-mods-make-improvements/

--- End quote ---

I made something similar with a piece of black cardboard.  It does help.  Draping some dark cloth over the camera like an old timey photographer helps too. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version