Author Topic: ADC and Audio  (Read 14113 times)

NiNeff

• View Profile
ADC and Audio
« on: February 08, 2020, 07:45:33 AM »
It's been a while. Are there any updates on those features where the hardware is present but the software still needs to be developed for the Chronos 1.4 like the audio recording / playback and the analog data recording? Is there maybe a beta branch to test those features?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 02:15:58 AM by NiNeff »

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: ADC and Audio
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 08:45:02 AM »
Good Question!Also, what about unlimited real-Time Recording onto Storage Media @60fps?

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 05:09:42 PM »
We plan to have real-Time Recording onto Storage Media @60fps, and Audio recording in the next beta, which should be out soon, but I don't want to give out any dates just yet, and that update will be quite a large one, though not just because of these 2 features.

By ADCs, do you mean the analog inputs on the side of the camera?
We will support those eventually, but we don't have an ETA for that feature.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 08:10:21 PM »
We plan to have real-Time Recording onto Storage Media @60fps, and Audio recording in the next beta, which should be out soon, but I don't want to give out any dates just yet, and that update will be quite a large one, though not just because of these 2 features.

By ADCs, do you mean the analog inputs on the side of the camera?
We will support those eventually, but we don't have an ETA for that feature.
Thats Great to hear. Especialy with the improved Image Quality and the better Resolution, i can really see the 2.1 Chronos beeing used as an Real-Time Camera by me and a Lot of other People.Very nice! Looking forward to this.

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 01:36:21 PM »
Unfortunatel, the 2.1 doesn't quite have enough bandwidth to save 1080p 60fps continuously. It can only do about 55fps at 1080p.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 01:47:36 PM »
Unfortunatel, the 2.1 doesn't quite have enough bandwidth to save 1080p 60fps continuously. It can only do about 55fps at 1080p.
Well, that would still be a lot!
Just Said 60fps, because the latest firmware which is available right now, seems to be rather unstable for framerates below 60fps (some bugs).
If the next version of the Firmware can Handle Low Framerates properly without all the Bugs, that would be even more welcome than just continous recording itself.
Some People would sure like to use 24fps, for cinematics, for me it would be 25fps then. i dont see any problem with the Limit to 55fps, though it would sure be nice if it would be able to do full 60fps continously for those who want to actually shoot video to be played back at 60fps. For me it does not make much of a difference, since i export everything in 25fps anyways, and for Slowing down, its not that much of a difference if i play 55 or 60fps back at 25...
Lower Framerates as low as 1 to 5 fps would sure also be usefull for Timelapse and such.

Amy7g1q

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 05:41:06 AM »
unfortunately I am also looking for these functions but so far without success!