Author Topic: Last round?? of Kickstarter cameras are going out.  (Read 266 times)

Camoit

• View Profile
Last round?? of Kickstarter cameras are going out.
« on: July 19, 2017, 10:19:04 AM »
So I just received an email from Tabatha, the Operations Management person @ Kron Technologies telling me that my 6 year long wait is finally over. Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!

How many others are getting there camera in this batch?
I think this is the last round for the Kickstarter program.

jefish

• View Profile
Re: Last round?? of Kickstarter cameras are going out.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 10:20:38 AM »
Did you get the "fill out your info" email that most people got, or was there another email after that?

Camoit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 10:46:32 AM »
Did you get the "fill out your info" email that most people got, or was there another email after that?

It had an attachment for US customs along with a link if you did not get the attachment.
Just fill out what they highlighted and send it back to them.  Otherwise it will get held at the border tell you get them the paperwork.

jefish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 11:02:52 AM »
Yeah, same email here. It almost sounded like you had received an additional mail with shipping details.

Camoit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 07:46:57 PM »
Yeah, same email here. It almost sounded like you had received an additional mail with shipping details.

Once it's ready they will send a tracking number.

ExaltedDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 12:16:44 AM »
I'm excited.  Bought a couple lenses in anticipation last week and got the update and paperwork the day the second one arrived.  I'm kind of curious if I'm the last one on the list.  I submitted the kickstarter pledge literally 3-4 minutes before the funding period expired. 

Has the number of prototypes for pledges ever been disclosed?  I would estimate around 130-140 based on the funding level but I see the number of backers is around 220 (so 70-80 non-prototype backers?) and my own backer number is just shy of 250. (maybe 30 backers were back-out-ers?)

Camoit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 04:48:53 PM »
So we have a delay.
Oh well, not a big problem. At least this company is going to make it with David and his partner at the helm. I have always had faith in him. He did the Kickstarter funding the right way. Build the product send it out for testing, then open it to investment and pre-orders.  I can't tell you how many others went belly up because they sold the idea before having something real in hand. I have seen several Kickstarter products make millions and file for chapter 11.
Way to go Dave.