Author Topic: Chronos V0.3.1 Beta - Updated Oct 15 2018 with beta-9  (Read 50490 times)

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Chronos V0.3.1 Beta
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2018, 09:24:49 AM »
  • This might not actually be a camera/sw bug, but the produced DNGs can't be opened by my Photoshop (CS5 with CameraRaw 6.7.1). As far as I can tell it basically complains (understandably) that it is has now idea about the used Camera Model – I was however able to open the DNGs with UFRaw, so maybe there are just a few settings missing in the files or Photoshop can't actually display DNGS from "unknown" cameras at all.

The DNG´s directly from the camera also wont open with none of my Software: Photoshop CS2, Photoshop CS6 Extended or AfterEffects CS6.
But someone uploaded DNG´s here in the Forum, which presumeably where generated by that pyton-Tool, those open just fine with my software (not tested on PS CS2...).
So there should be some way to get DNG´s directly out of camera which would be able to be opened with common Software i guess. Would most likely just be some small problem there, but i honestly have no idea how exactly those Files/ Container-Formats/ Tags on the Files work.

JamesB

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2018, 02:27:23 PM »
The DNG Read problem for Adobe software is being worked on, some tags were missing or modified. Once that update is ready I will resume testing.  Should be a breeze to shoot DNG Sequences outright and it also makes it possible to save much longer clips as file size limits do not interfere as each image is under 2MB and you can basically fill the card to the brim.   :D

Ecuador

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2018, 12:49:33 AM »
any info on faster saving time with the Cinema DNG?

foobar

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2018, 12:19:54 PM »
Thanks so much for the excellent feedback! We've tried to fix the reported issues with an updated the beta, please see the first post for a link to the updated camUpdate-v0.3.1-beta-9-geb319ea.zip installer package. To give a brief description of what has changed since the beta-4 package:

Notable Features:
  - Redesign of the white balance window, including a new dialog to edit the color matrix.

Minutiae:
  - Add crosshairs to the white balance window.
  - Add Qt stylesheet to improve focus visibility.
  - Main window exposure now shown in microseconds and shutter angle.
  - Jog wheel now adjusts exposure logarithmically, or by degrees when pressed.
  - The 'close' button on the soft keyboard now applies the entered text.
  - Reorganization of the soft keyboard to include a negative key.

Fixed Bugs:
  - Black ares of the UI become transparent after an HDMI hotplug.
  - HDMI hotplug while on the playback window would revert to live display.
  - Add missing ColorMatrix1 and CalibrationIlluminant1 tags to CinemaDNG files.
  - Fix possible crash of the video system when aborting a file save.
  - Fix possible carsh of the UI when rapidly aborting and re-starting a file save.
  - Fix color correction math so that saturating the image sensor tends towards white.

Also, some bugs that were introduced in beta-4 but now fixed (not mentioned in changelog.txt):
  - Monochrome TIFF now pads the pixel values with least-significant zeroes.
  - H.264 bitrate setting was being ignored and defaulting to 0.25 bpp.

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2018, 01:01:14 PM »
Thanks so much for the excellent feedback! We've tried to fix the reported issues with an updated the beta, please see the first post for a link to the updated camUpdate-v0.3.1-beta-9-geb319ea.zip installer package. To give a brief description of what has changed since the beta-4 package:

Notable Features:
  - Redesign of the white balance window, including a new dialog to edit the color matrix.

Minutiae:

Fixed Bugs:
  - Fix possible carsh of the UI when rapidly aborting and re-starting a file save.
  - Fix color correction math so that saturating the image sensor tends towards white.

Also, some bugs that were introduced in beta-4 but now fixed (not mentioned in changelog.txt):

Nice! I did a really quick test. the updateprocess went smooth,  the new features are there and the colored highlight really helps to select stuff with the jogwheel.
Will test it thoroughly sometime this week, especially the color stuff.

JamesB

• View Profile
Re: Chronos V0.3.1 Beta - Updated Oct 15 2018 with beta-9
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2018, 07:34:30 PM »
Will test the Beta .9 soon, thank you for the update and bug fixes!

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2018, 09:57:06 AM »

Notable Features:

Minutiae:

Fixed Bugs:

Is there something else missing from the CinemaDNG tags? Even Photoshop cannot open the files. No previews in macOS.

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2018, 11:54:14 AM »
Is there something else missing from the CinemaDNG tags? Even Photoshop cannot open the files. No previews in macOS.
I'm having no trouble with the new beta 9 and Photoshop CS5 now.

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2018, 12:08:50 AM »
TIFF files open with no issues. CinemaDNG does not open in Davinci Resolve or in Photoshop CC 2019. Even Lightroom CC 2015 does not want them.
And yes I'm using beta 9.

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2018, 12:25:57 AM »
TIFF files open with no issues. CinemaDNG does not open in Davinci Resolve or in Photoshop CC 2019. Even Lightroom CC 2015 does not want them.
And yes I'm using beta 9.

Could you upload a problem DNG file here so we can investigate?

GFE

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2018, 07:32:37 AM »
Hello, the new Software seems to be very interesting! I would like to test it too - in particular, I would like to connect an external monitor via hdmi, but I am not able to install it yet. That's why I ask for help: I use an adapter cable from usb mini male to usb A female, so I can connect an usb-stick directly to the usb-otg-connection socket of chronos 1.4. The used stick offers otg-functionality. but I have not succeeded so far that the stick is recognized as a usb drive! I also can't save the calibration data to the usb drive; the display shows always the message: "Error: no device is mounted to /media/sda1". What can I do?
Thank you for helpful answers!
Winfried

BiduleOhm

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2018, 08:07:04 AM »
Just plug the USB stick in the USB (A) port of the camera (same port as the eSATA port actually), no need for OTG cable or other things.

GFE

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2018, 09:51:59 AM »
Thank you so much! :) So easy updating - and it work's - great!

JamesB

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2018, 10:22:07 PM »
DNG capture works great, usable on the latest CC no problems. I found a bug that some 1st frames would come out blank but it is only on some clips not all of them, wonder if it has to do with the memory buffer?   CinemaDNG is now my one stop for the Chronos, it is just a breeze to use and the post abilities and increased resolution compared to H.264 make the Gigabytes of files worth it.   Next stop HDMI testing! 

The camera has really grown since the early days, love the ability to see shutter degrees as well much appreciated!  Is there a 1/sec option buried somewhere?  Degrees is fine but fractions of a second make it much easier to freeze blur without converting degrees.  I have found that 1/4000 works very well on the Chronos for freezing and obliterating most day to day objects that are much slower than a bullet.

Slingshot Channel

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2018, 01:50:48 AM »
I am trying to update from 0.2, but it seems it can't find the update. When I try to backup the calibration data, it says "Error: no device is mounted to /media/sda" and if I try to update it says "No software update found".

In the Save settings it says the save Location is "/media/mmcblk1p1 (SD Card Partition 1)". I can save clips just fine to the card and they show up in the root directory.

The card was formatted in FAT32. The update file was extracted to the root of that card.

What am I doing wrong here?