Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Cheap SD cards class 10

(1/2) > >>

Bernard Rousset:
Hello,

There are currently very cheap SD cards from China. I have already buy a card elsewhere so I will not use this web site, but maybe someone should be interested. I didn't know the real performances of that kind of cards but it is indicated class 10...

And it is specified 100MB/s or 667X  seems pretty good !!

https://www.joybuy.com/600240860.html?_cps=62103310.1251138147&utm_source=AD111&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=202779

Bye
Bernard

Nikon1:
Those super-High-Capacity Micro-SD´s are usualy pretty slow, especialy at that price point.
If the card would be fast, you Would find ratings somwhere on this website, but since i didnt fînd any info about card Speed there, you could expect it to be an rather slow Card.
i dont know, How that would affect Save-Times on the chronos, but for general Usage i can not recommend slow and Big cards like this, unless you plan to use it as an storage for an media-Player to write once (Will take some time to fill the card i guess) and Play multiple times.
Read Speed usualy are not super bad, but Write Speeds are Painfully slow most times with cards like this.

Bernard Rousset:
Hello Nikon1,

I have modified a little my post and added the specifications you can find on the site if you look at the photos. 100MB/s is already a very good performance, even for a class 10!
To my knowledge The current maximum is 300MB/s but there are very few cards that allow this

It is always difficult to be sure of the performances. Normally Class 10 will allow a minimum bite rate of 10 MB/s

The symbol U1 gives the same value while U3 goes to 30MB/s as a minimum.
Finally the other figures should be taken in consideration as xxxMB/s or xxxX.

Here the card is a U1 and it isn't written 100MB/s or 667X or 667x150= 100050kO/s. Hope it is true at least for reading, probably a little lower in writing.

Bye
Bernard

Bernard Rousset:
Hi,
There is also a U3 SD card where both bitrate in writing and reading mode are specified here:

https://www.joybuy.com/3297606.html?_cps=62103310.230084386&utm_source=AD111&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=202779

In reading 100MB/s and 90MB/s in writing

Bye
Bernard

Nikon1:
Well, then it is maybe actually a good one...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version