Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Cheap SD cards class 10

<< < (2/2)

BiduleOhm:
Be very careful with (micro) SD cards, there are chinese clones everywhere and they just copy the specs on the website but the card will never meet them...

Personally I only buy good known model/brand from reputed sources and I never had any problems.

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: BiduleOhm on October 01, 2018, 12:48:35 PM ---Be very careful with (micro) SD cards, there are chinese clones everywhere and they just copy the specs on the website but the card will never meet them...

Personally I only buy good known model/brand from reputed sources and I never had any problems.

--- End quote ---
Like i said i would be pretty surprised if this card with such an high capacity performs well at such an low price point.
I Bought an cheap 512GB Micro-SD once without any Specs about read/ Write Speeds and it was super Slow.
Since it was for someone Else (and had to be cheap and big), who would only put Music and Audio files on there (And propably almost never change them), and would just replay them, it was completely fine for that.
But if you plan for using this in any kind of camera, i personaly would buy some Reputable Brand.
You dont want the Card to fail, which could easily happen with this china-Stuff, especialy if you put some Work into whatever you film...
My Micro-SD-cards cost between 50 to 100€ each and are "only" 32 or 64GBs each. if you want an super-high-Capacity one with good R/W-Speeds and that would be durable, you will pay a lot...
Would highly recommend to not be cheap on cards on which you have to actually rely on.

Fyodor:
Guys, you spent several thousands on a camera, and want to save big on the SD cards? Really?

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: Fyodor on October 02, 2018, 12:30:18 AM ---Guys, you spent several thousands on a camera, and want to save big on the SD cards? Really?

--- End quote ---
There Will allways be those kinds of people who buy the most expensive Cameras and expect it to make somehow Magicaly good pictures or videos on its own and then they try to be cheap on Lenses, Tripods, cards, Lights and so on...
And i think this is not only exclusive to DSLR´s or the new Mirrorless-Craze (just to be clear, i like DSLMs...), this also applies to Chronos-Users.
Something about Cheap Lenses on Expensive Cameras:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk5IMmEDWH4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version