Author Topic: Dual Cameras over Ethernet  (Read 5833 times)

mmcknight

• View Profile
Dual Cameras over Ethernet
« on: December 17, 2018, 09:33:10 AM »
Trying to autosave videos to a computer using Ethernet over USB as it is the proposed solution. I am able to do this easily using Python for a single camera, however, when trying to do this for two cameras at the same time connected to the same computer I am running into some IP issues. 

It seems like the static IP address that is built into the camera is preventing me from accessing the second camera.  I have tried assigning a different static IP, however this still does not work.  The first camera that is plugged into the PC is the only one I can access videos on. Has anyone tried anything similar or have any pointers?  Any way to change the static IP on the camera by chance? 

DDR

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • Krontech
Re: Dual Cameras over Ethernet
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 04:24:36 PM »
Hi mcknight. You're right, you'll need to configure one of the cameras to use a different IP address than the other. To do this, edit the /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/udhcp.conf files on one of your cameras, changing 192.168.12.1 to 192.168.13.1. This should put the camera on a different subnet, which will keep them from fighting each other.

Hope that helps!