Author Topic: Software update V0.2  (Read 36882 times)

Jay

• View Profile
Re: Software update V0.2
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 10:51:56 PM »
I have a little problem. Copied the software to the Fat32 SD.
Started the cam and went into Util to press Backup. -> Gives an error, SD not present.
When I press the trigger and make a short clip, I can save to the SD card without a problem. Just Backup Calibration Data tells me there is no card..
/media/NAME is different in the Recording settings and the error message, so I understand the error msg.. just dont understand why it gives 2 different paths, only has one card slot.
error: no device is mounted to /media/sda1
I save in Play/Settings to: /media/mmcblk1p1 (SD card Partition 1) and that works fine every time

Anybody had that before?

regards
Jay

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 12:11:29 AM »
I have a little problem. Copied the software to the Fat32 SD.
Started the cam and went into Util to press Backup. -> Gives an error, SD not present.
When I press the trigger and make a short clip, I can save to the SD card without a problem. Just Backup Calibration Data tells me there is no card..
/media/NAME is different in the Recording settings and the error message, so I understand the error msg.. just dont understand why it gives 2 different paths, only has one card slot.
error: no device is mounted to /media/sda1
I save in Play/Settings to: /media/mmcblk1p1 (SD card Partition 1) and that works fine every time

Anybody had that before?

regards
Jay

Calibration data backup and restore only supports USB drives right now, try a USB memory stick or similar.

Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 01:06:14 PM »
Wups ^^ now I feel stupid ;)

Worked very easy with the stick. Thanks for the help!

Loial

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2017, 01:37:47 PM »
Any time line on when the Audio input and the HDMI Output will be supported?
Those 2 items and RAW would make this camera sell like hot cakes.

Three things I noticed that there needed
#1 A factory reset button for all settings or per page.
#2 A percentage meter like you have on the battery but for the amount of storage left.
#3 A button to clear the cash or ram. Unless it's set up for roll over.
If it is there needs to be something in the manual stating it.
I'm just used to cameras you do not edit on. You shoot it. It saves the hole thing. In point at record start. Out at record stop. Perhaps that can be a button we can X on, or X off.

If you update to V0.3 beta software: Settings reset is in Utils under "settings" tab. There's also options there for saving and recovering saved settings.
This is a beta feature so please let me know if it works or if there are any issues with it.

Good idea on the storage left indicator. Will look at adding something like that. Right now it will give a warning if you try saving a file that is larger than 4GB or larger than the space left on the device.

The buffer memory will automatically roll over; there should be no reason to clear it.

As for HDMI and Audio - both are looking like they may get into the next update. We have HDMI working partially on a development camera but there are some that need to be overcome before it can be integrated into the application. Audio is in a similar state.

BondEric2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2020, 09:07:57 AM »
Fat 32 is that a less than 4 gb usb stick ?

harpreetslater

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2020, 09:32:43 AM »
This is common to fat 32 stick drives. It is easy to fix. Also, it is easy to prevent. If you update your drivers. I had this problem with many stick drives. I use them with Arduino, and it gives to many errors to that mini PC. So, I installed a driver updater free and it helped me. Now I just use those stick drives and don’t need to bother with any errors. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 04:21:58 AM by harpreetslater »