Author Topic: Autosave feature  (Read 6266 times)

tblue

• View Profile
Autosave feature
« on: April 02, 2019, 12:19:08 PM »
Hello all,

I'm looking into purchasing a Chronos camera, but it's critical for my use-case to get confirmation of an autosave feature:

In this case, the camera operator would trigger the camera from a distance of about 550m and would need it to record about 3-4 seconds after the trigger press. Importantly, the operator would need the camera to automatically save that clip to non-volatile storage and then rearm itself automatically for the next trigger event. If I understand the features of the Chronos correctly, it has the capability to perform these actions. Is that right?

Additionally, if a display were connected to the HDMI-out on the camera, would the display show the progress of the autosave event and give some sort of visual indication when it is done and also that the camera has rearmed for the next trigger event?

Appreciate any insight you all can provide!

Thank you,
Trey Blue

ccombs1

• View Profile
Re: Autosave feature
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 03:34:33 PM »
Hey Trey Blue,

Yes the camera has both an autosave feature and an autorecord feature. If both these are active, after a trigger the video will automatically save to non volatile memory and after saving will start recording again.

I currently connect my camera to a monitor through hdmi, when the camera is saving the monitor just goes blank(but the camera screen indicates it is saving). After the saving is complete, the monitor goes back to the live feed display so you know the camera is primed for another trigger.

I think to get all this functionality you have to update the camera to the lastest version, which was very easy and can be found somewhere in the forums.

Hope this helps!

-C

Fyodor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 02:06:45 AM »
He only plans to buy one, so it should already come with the latest software. 0.3 just left RC status.

tblue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 06:40:23 AM »
Thank you both, that is very helpful!

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 01:25:40 PM »
I'm not sure how you plan to trigger a camera from 550m away, but if you want to use radio to trigger the camera, get a device that turns that radio signal into a TTL signal, and send that TTL signal to one of the 3 triggers on the side of the camera.
Alternatively, coax can be run 550m.

The camera can be set to record any time relative to the trigger - for example, start recording 4 seconds after, or finish recording 4 seconds after. I'm not sure which you want, but the Chronos supports both. You can also reduce resolution and/or framerate to get a longer record time.