Author Topic: Is Krontech still in business?  (Read 350 times)

madscientist

• View Profile
Is Krontech still in business?
« on: August 03, 2020, 01:25:56 PM »
We placed a paid order weeks ago for a new Chronos camera, and have been completely unable to contact Kron Technologies via Email or phone since then.  I am concerned they may be closed or out of business entirely; does anyone here have any additional information on their status and whether this is normal?

B.H.V

• View Profile
Re: Is Krontech still in business?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 05:52:01 PM »
I think they're observing Canadian holiday over there and should be back tomorrow. I got an automated email from them on Friday saying they're out on holiday

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 07:59:54 PM »
Got My Camera shipped Last Week, so i think not.

SergeyKashin

• https://www.instagram.com/sergey.kashin/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 01:47:20 AM »
Who knows where the tab went where I could see the status of my order and at any time could cancel the order in this tab. Now I go to the site and can't find it

VitalyZorkin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 04:59:37 AM »
Who knows where the tab went where I could see the status of my order and at any time could cancel the order in this tab. Now I go to the site and can't find it
When did you order you camera?

SergeyKashin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 05:16:41 AM »

February 19 made a payment

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 05:32:57 AM »

February 19 made a payment
i orderd my 2.1 on January 1st,... got it friday. so.... maybe will still take a few days more for yours
 Unless they notified you about the Shipment, i would assume you can still cancel it if you actually wanted to.
 Just send them a mail, if you give them something in Written form, stating that you are Canceling your order, i think it should be valid.
 From what i heard, they have quite the struggle right now, keeping up with demand. So if you want a 2.1 better prepare a good amount of patience, you will most likely need it. Mine is Serial Number #00082.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 05:40:38 AM »
We placed a paid order weeks ago for a new Chronos camera, and have been completely unable to contact Kron Technologies via Email or phone since then.  I am concerned they may be closed or out of business entirely; does anyone here have any additional information on their status and whether this is normal?
Also, apart from Canadian holidays, sometimes it can take a while untill they answer mails. at least from My experience since the Order. i am not completely sure why, but sometimes you get an Answer a few Hours later or right away, sometimes it can take a Week or even longer in some Cases. However, i always got a reply at some point. Could be Hollidays (never looked up their Hollidays on an Calendar or something... so i dont know how often that was the case), but could also be a lot of people writing mails asking about their ordered Cameras because they are late on the deliverys from Earlier this year due to various reasons.

Rainer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 12:17:08 AM »
Since I am thinking heavily of getting a 2.1, I emailed Krontech on July 22nd asking how long the current delivery time is. They responded just a day later and told me, that if I order a camera now (=July 22nd), I might get it around mid-end of August. I have not ordered yet (will wait until the summer holidays are over).
Maybe an official Krontech reply in this thread would be possible?

gcp5017

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 04:09:58 AM »
They are still operational, talked to them on the phone yesterday.
The supply chain has been kinda goofed up for a lot of different things, electronic components included, due to COVID. My order was delayed by ~ 2 months because they could not get the appropriate part delivered to them.

VitalyZorkin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 09:22:47 AM »
The supply chain has been kinda goofed up for a lot of different things, electronic components included, due to COVID. My order was delayed by ~ 2 months because they could not get the appropriate part delivered to them.
6 months in real ;)

madscientist

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 01:50:07 PM »

Good to know.  I have been unable to reach them by phone in any manner, just tried again with every option in the VRU and all went to voicemail.

If I can ask, what option did you use and what time of day did you call?

gcp5017

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2020, 09:21:51 AM »
I called using the number available on their site, and choosing the option to speak with sales/tech support. Called around 2 or 3 pm their time.

madscientist

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2020, 04:55:08 PM »
To wrap this thread up, I did (finally) get an Email from Krontech several days ago.  Never did get through on the phone but at least I have a bit more confidence that they are in fact operational and that I might be seeing the camera arrive in the next couple of months.