Author Topic: Wish List - Tripod Mount  (Read 6457 times)

PointyHairedBoss

• View Profile
    • Sugar Lake Rustic Furniture
Wish List - Tripod Mount
« on: May 04, 2019, 06:07:48 AM »
I have a minor suggestions for future cameras:
I use a Vanguard Alta Pro 236AT tripod (excellent tripod for us amateurs).  The thread on the tripod mount point is recessed from the bottom face of the camera more than my other cameras resulting in just 1 1/2 turns of thread engagement before the screw bottoms out at the tripod end.  The camera can be mounted but I'm a little nervous having this expensive piece of equipment hanging by a thread, so to speak. I'll see if I can get a longer mounting screw for the tripod but a better solution would be to have the female thread on the camera extend right to the outside face of the camera body.

JamesB

• View Profile
Re: Wish List - Tripod Mount
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 04:05:54 PM »
My camera had the same problem but noticed that the thread itself is not anchored to the camera and rotates sometimes to the outside. Once the thread renained on the tripod screw when dismounting. If you use a pair of pliers or rubber band you can rotate it out if it has the same problem as my camera. I have been thinking of using superglue to bolt it forever but if it breaks one day it will be a nightmare to get it replaced.

PointyHairedBoss

• View Profile
    • Sugar Lake Rustic Furniture
Re: Wish List - Tripod Mount
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 04:32:44 AM »
I got a longer screw from Amazon, was too long. Ha! Cut off 3 threads with a hacksaw, filed the end smooth, now perfect.