Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Home made accessories

(1/3) > >>

PointyHairedBoss:
I was looking for a pistol grip for my 1.4 but the ones I saw on Amazon all have a mounting screw that is too short (the female thread is the bottom of the camera case is a bit recessed) so I made my own.
I started with a small maple branch that felt good in my hand & cut it to size. The mounting screw is made of an old plastic knob with a piece of 1/4" bolt epoxied into it. Sanded then finished with tung oil.
High tech meets low tech.
Its a bit front heavy so I'll keep my eye open for a more suitably shaped branch when I'm cutting firewood this summer.

NiNeff:
Great work! I however fail to see a usecase for this, could you please explain what this sort of grip is for?

PointyHairedBoss:

--- Quote from: NiNeff on June 16, 2019, 10:10:26 AM ---... could you please explain what this sort of grip is for?

--- End quote ---

I'm playing with recording birds around our feeders, sometimes without a tripod. When the camera is hand held & I'm changing settings or adjusting the lens etc I find it awkward to hold the camera securely with one hand so I thought I would try this.  It does feel more secure to me but I've noticed, as I mentioned above that it is a little front heavy.  Once I find a more ergonomic stick, version 2.0 will move the mount point closer to my wrist.

PointyHairedBoss:
Here are 2 trigger cables I made.
The one on the left uses a snow shovel handle for the grip & a mini push button I had lying around.  The other one uses a stick handle with a mini limit switch leftover from another project for the trigger.  In both cases I used flexible speaker wire & BNC to Screw Terminal connectors I got from Amazon.
Both work fine but I like the feel of the limit switch better since it has a noticeable click when depressed.

Michael M.:
Great idea! I'm sure you could also 3D print something sturdy enough too with a good design. Perhaps PETG?

-Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version