Author Topic: Chronos V0.3.2-RC1 and RC2  (Read 25140 times)

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
Re: Chronos V0.3.2-RC1
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2019, 12:55:07 PM »
Thanks, I've added this to the list of known issues as "Lag when focus peaking or zebra stripes (focus and exposure aids) are enabled"

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 02:15:40 PM »
Another small bug:
In the Util Menu, sometimes "clicking" the tabs does not change to them but only highlights them.
See the following image of an example:
"About" is selected but the "Kickstarter" Tab still displayed.
Do you know if this only started when the screen was upgraded?

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2019, 12:13:50 PM »
Another small bug:
In the Util Menu, sometimes "clicking" the tabs does not change to them but only highlights them.
See the following image of an example:
"About" is selected but the "Kickstarter" Tab still displayed.
Do you know if this only started when the screen was upgraded?
Sadly I don't know for sure, but I don't remember similar issues with the old one.
If needed I could put the old screen back and test it to be certain.

nik282000

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2019, 06:08:03 PM »
I have the above mentioned lagging/stuttering issue as well as no video when using high gain at the max framerate. It's not a combination I am likely to use but I was checking it out of curiosity. I'll see if it is repeatable when I get some time.

Otherwise it looks and works great!

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2019, 08:49:05 PM »
V0.3.2-RC2 has been added to the OP, along with the changes since V0.3.2-RC1.

NiNeff

• View Profile
Re: Chronos V0.3.2-RC1 and RC2
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2019, 07:14:23 AM »
I can confirm the lag issue is gone now. The "Tab is only highlighted and not selected" issues might have gotten a bit worse, but it's hard to tell. I have an estimated "errorrate" of about 1 in 4. This is close to the point where it gets annoying. I did not put the old screen back jet to test the source of the issue though.

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2019, 05:52:26 PM »
I can confirm the lag issue is gone now. The "Tab is only highlighted and not selected" issues might have gotten a bit worse, but it's hard to tell. I have an estimated "errorrate" of about 1 in 4. This is close to the point where it gets annoying. I did not put the old screen back jet to test the source of the issue though.
According to foobar, we may need to update calibration data for the new LCD panel to fix this:
The response of the touch screen may not be in perfect alignment with the LCD display. Normally this would be fixed using calibration software to align the touch inputs with the underlying LCD. On the old panel, the geometry was close enough that we have never really needed to perform that step, we may need to update the tslib calibration data for the new panel.

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2019, 02:23:05 AM »
According to foobar, we may need to update calibration data for the new LCD panel to fix this:
The response of the touch screen may not be in perfect alignment with the LCD display. Normally this would be fixed using calibration software to align the touch inputs with the underlying LCD. On the old panel, the geometry was close enough that we have never really needed to perform that step, we may need to update the tslib calibration data for the new panel.
That makes sense but would imply all of your 2.1 cameras had the same "issue" ?!  Let me know if I can help in any way.

JamesB

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2019, 12:04:00 AM »
I used the latest beta RC2 and the lag on peaking with an external monitor is gone but now the camera hangs on displaying video at random junctures.  The interface somewhat works but the exposure bar and live feed are gone or frozen. Only fix is getting the camera to shut down and start back up.  Happened about 7 times in a 4hr period.  No idea what is causing it, I tried with and without HDMI plugged in and behaved the same way.   

The frame selector bar on play tries to adjust but it's pegged at 0 and frame 2 even when you try to scroll higher or lower. No image is displayed either.   

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2019, 10:25:00 AM »
Is the full version of 0.3.2 any better? http://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=505.0

JamesB

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2019, 04:13:06 PM »
Will try and report back, was not aware of it sorry!