Author Topic: Chronos V0.3.2 full release  (Read 21821 times)

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
Chronos V0.3.2 full release
« on: November 04, 2019, 05:02:04 PM »
    +----------------------------------+
   ++                                  ++
   |     Chronos V0.3.2 Changelog       |
   ++                                  ++
    +----------------------------------+

Notable Changes:
 - Automatic ADC calibration during black calibration, which should reduce column banding across a wider temperature range.
 - Add a storage tab to the util menu to view, eject and format the attached storage devices.
 - Speed boost at most resolutions, with a top speed of 1069fps at 1280x1024, and 40420fps at 320x96.
 - Configurable automated power-on and off depending on the AC adaptor status.
 - Option to disable the ring buffer when in segmented recording mode.

Minutae:
 - Factory black calibration is now user accessible from the Factory tab of the util window.
 - The software update button has been moved to the storage tab of the util window.
 - Shipping mode to disable power-on by battery until an AC adaptor is attached.
 - Add a watchdog to reboot the camera in case of a power-on boot failure.
 - Display descriptive error strings instead of number on failure.
 - End of recording from lack of free space generates a warning dialog.
 - Revert to a valid resolution when focus is lost while editing the H/V resolution widgets.

Fixed Bugs:
 - Gated burst record mode may lock up after several trigger edges.
 - Gated burst record mode unreliable when trigger debounce is enabled
 - Memory leak in the M3 video coprocessors which could lead to a crash after lots of H.264 encoding.
 - Ignore video which was recorded during zero-time black calibration (which happens after changing resolution).
 - Stuttering issue on the playback window on new production LCD modules.
 - Fixed deadlock in camera when restoring user settings from external media.
 - Corrupted overlay text at narrow resolutions.
 - Video stream would remain in playback when starting recording via auto-record.
 - Opening and closing the white balance menu can lead to an unexpected change of the custom preset.
 - Bug in calculating the trigger delay on boot (segmented mode only).
 - Ensure a minimum of 0.25 bits/pixel when encoding h.264 video.
 - Crash can occur when saving extremely short videos.
 - After rebooting a camera, focus aid and zebras are sometimes not restored even if they were enabled before the reboot.
 - Restore white balance correctly after reboot

Fixed since V0.3.2-RC2:
 - monochrome cameras being detected as color
 - zombie process when restarting app after reverting settings to defaults.
 - Util window - Auto Power Mode was always shown as Disabled after reentering the Util window, even if it is set to something else

Fixed since V0.3.2-beta-6:
 - Changes to focus aid or exposure aid (zebra stripes) would have no effect until resolution is changed.
 - Changes to exposure may be overwritten during black calibration.
 - Bad image quality at 336x120 resolution
 - Util window, storage tab - bottom of text cut off if device has multiple partitions
 - Factory black cal (black cal all resolutions) would get overridden by old user black cal, if a user had done their own black cal, even before.
 - Fix frame stuttering when focus peaking is enabled.

Known Bugs:
 - The second frame of videos saved in all formats is not from the correct location in the selected region.
 - The first frame of videos saved in formats other than H.264 format is corrupted.
 - Very rare crashes of the video system, causing the camera to lock up on the playback/save window; MTBF seems to be somewhere in the 2-5k recordings at present.
 - Gated Burst record mode only: Live display does not appear to be buffered correctly when the trigger signal is inactive.
 - Speckles in image when recording below 60fps
 - Black cal makes the image look very dark at low framerates when recording below about 45fps
 - Saved videos will have a date modified of 7 or 8 hours earlier than what is set on the clock in the Util menu.

Download:
https://github.com/krontech/chronos-updates/releases/download/v0.3.2-patch2/camUpdate-v0.3.2-patch2.zip
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 04:06:20 PM by skronstein »

JamesB

• View Profile
Re: Chronos V0.3.2 full release
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 05:58:17 PM »
So I finally got around to test this version after all the end of year madness, and have to report that it works very well.  I had an initial scare when I updated and all that was shown was a color chart with a lower right noise snow screen and nothing happened.   I promptly forced reboot and all was normal, with interface loading.

Black calibration worked fine and I find that it does a better job than before "Could be my eyes deceiving but could be better banding elimination algo" Or the changelog feature: (Automatic ADC calibration during black calibration, which should reduce column banding across a wider temperature range.)

The most annoying bug from the RC2 which was peaking making the camera crawl on an external HDMI monitor is gone and it works perfectly with no slow down or lock-up.   I recorded about 7 clips and no lockups which were a common thing in the last RC. I will have to test for longer standby and rec times but so far very stable.

I can't wait for the new standard UI to start rolling out to see a larger screen preview along with the info.  Great work team!

Cheers!

;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 06:00:21 PM by JamesB »

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 09:12:27 PM »
just updated, looks like quite a few changes since i last did an update. nice job guys, can't wait for the UI one coming

lwaters

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 07:00:42 AM »
Hi,
  Can or should this update be added to the 2.1? Hi,

We just received our 2.1 and I am not able to get to any lower resolutions than 640x480 and thus am not able to get any faster rates than 5406fps. With our 1.4 we were able to get to much lower resolutions/higher fps. I have tried adjusting all settings to see if there was any change whatsoever but I have not been able to find a solution.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Laura

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 12:42:47 PM »
The 0.3.2 update is only for the 1.4.  Don't apply it to a 2.1.
Higher framerates will be available in a software update.

tim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 03:38:31 PM »

Hi, is there an ETA on an update for the 2.1?  And will a manual be available soon (currently using the 1.4 manual as a reference).

Tim

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 11:49:15 AM »

Hi, is there an ETA on an update for the 2.1?  And will a manual be available soon (currently using the 1.4 manual as a reference).

Tim

The update is schedule to be released before the end of this month, but the manual might take longer.

CS223

• 1.4 Color s/n 01266
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 07:33:28 AM »
Could you update the link in this thread for Patch 2?  I installed the update and found I lost the Zebra function and had to go digging to find a post for patch 2 that fixed it. It would make it easier for others looking for the latest update.

https://github.com/krontech/chronos-updates/releases/tag/v0.3.2-patch2

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 04:07:44 PM »
Could you update the link in this thread for Patch 2?  I installed the update and found I lost the Zebra function and had to go digging to find a post for patch 2 that fixed it. It would make it easier for others looking for the latest update.

https://github.com/krontech/chronos-updates/releases/tag/v0.3.2-patch2
Thank you! I've updated the link now.