Author Topic: 11 second chronos 2.1 clip  (Read 14843 times)

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: 11 second chronos 2.1 clip
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2020, 05:58:06 AM »
yes, that makes sense that the flicker is from the room lights.

btw, the 2.1 will not let me set the resolution lower than 640 x 480 and fps any faster than 5,406.  it rejects anything beyond these limits and won't let it be applied to the setting.

the data sheet indicates that it should be able to do 1920 x 8 at 100,000 fps, but this appears as though it's not possible with the current version of the software.

https://www.krontech.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/FM-ENGR-50002-Chronos-2.1-HD-Datasheet-Rv1.pdf

also, looking at the data sheet, there's no way the battery runtime is an hour long.  i can sit and watch the battery drain 1% every 10-15 seconds.  seems like it might last 15 minutes tops.

hopefully software updates allow greater than 5,000 fps because the reason i bought it was to do some engineering analysis that will require at least 10,000 fps.  low resolution isn't a problem for the analysis, but i need the speed.
I am Not Quite sure about the 100.000 fps, but it should be able to do well over 26kfps, from what i have seen in the Datasheet.
Not sure, what the thing is, that you cant set the Framerate higher/ Resolution lower? Maybe there is presets for that? or its just some other way to lower the Resolution.
The thing about Batteries is, that they can behave weird sometimes. Just this week i took an Audiorecorder outside in the Cold with an standard Non-Rechargeable AA Battery, and it seemed to drain very, very fast untill it was almost empty. Some Time Later i swiched it back on, and the Display said, it was full Capacity, then it drained Quickly again. Used this same Battery now for about 4 Days (about 1 Hour a day) after that, and it still holds up ok and seems to still have Plenty of power Left in it..Same thing can Happen here with these Chronos-Batteries.
They need to be propperly charged and Discharged to provide the full Capacity of energy they can hold. And Extreme Temperatures are allways a challenge for them...
Also thanks to Photopage for uploading the Clip.The Depth of field is obviously very thin in this one, so Focusing is difficult with a shot like that.Only thing i dont understand, where the blocky artifacts / Compression Artifacts come from? Is that from Exporting in Low quality in your Editing Software (Low Bitrate/ Bad Codec, But there isnt even that much Stuff moving, so it shouldnt be that much of a Problem in this Clip), or the crappy YT Compression?
Its somewhat subtle, but i noticed it the First second i watched it.Otherwise, very Well Graded, and i like the Colors that it Produces A Lot.
Just so much more Pleasing to watch than the majority of the 1.4 Chronos Footage. I dont know what it is, but most 1.4 Chronos footage allways seemed a bit of in terms of color, some People with actual good Skills in Color Correction got it to work, so it looked ok, but most other clips always looked a bit strange to me.
With this Clip from the 2.1 it just looks right in terms of Color. Not over-Saturated, just nice to look at..
I think this Clip could also use a bit of sharpening (The footage seems to be able to take a Lot of Sharpening bevore it looks bad, that is a very good thing! A lot of modern Consumer-Cameras would oversharpen their Footage).
Could you also upload the Clip without any grading on it? Just, if it is noticeable different, if you just did very fine adjustments, it wouldnt make a difference.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 06:04:37 AM by Nikon1 »

Buddlich

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2020, 08:56:59 AM »
That's just awesome looking footage!!!

slowbro

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2020, 09:04:30 AM »
Thanks for sharing the footage! Are you based in the U.S.A?

Buddlich

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 02:22:51 PM »
I would love to have that 2.1 * ___ *

As soon as there is a European sales office so that customs duties are eliminated, I will get one too!

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 03:15:36 PM »
I would love to have that 2.1 * ___ *

As soon as there is a European sales office so that customs duties are eliminated, I will get one too!

We're looking into expanding and having offices in other countries, but sadly that won't eliminate the VAT you need to pay. For most countries, the bulk of the import fees are VAT rather than duties, so cameras sold in Europe will need to have VAT added to the price before sale just like pretty much anything else that's sold in Europe.