Author Topic: Post Chronos 2.1 clips here!  (Read 128900 times)

JamesB

• View Profile
Re: Post Chronos 2.1 clips here!
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2020, 01:59:32 AM »
some chronos 2.1 fun to promote a fine dining restaurant that's now doing luxury home delivery.  Made primarily for Instagram. @atticamelbourne @lunecroissant @colinpagephoto

https://youtu.be/44Oe9YlGQxM

Excellent work and very clean, definitely some of the best out there with the 2.1!

chrissie_c

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2020, 07:35:03 AM »
I just got my 2.1 today. Huge thanks to Krontech for providing me with a UK plug for the mains lead - it's the little things like that that make the difference - and DHL for getting it from Canada to Leeds in two days!!

This is my first attempt at filming so it's very basic (and not colour-graded, straight out of the camera). A guitar strum at 1500 fps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG41g8PjKvo

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2020, 03:51:34 AM »
I just got my 2.1 today. Huge thanks to Krontech for providing me with a UK plug for the mains lead - it's the little things like that that make the difference - and DHL for getting it from Canada to Leeds in two days!!

This is my first attempt at filming so it's very basic (and not colour-graded, straight out of the camera). A guitar strum at 1500 fps
Can you share any shots at full Resolution from your Camera?

chrissie_c

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2020, 06:09:00 AM »
I'm still getting the hang of it, so they're all a bit flakey in one way our another at the moment. This was done hand-held at full res, sorry the focus isn't great at all times, but it's HEAVY with a Nikon 28-70 f2.8 lens on the front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZdi0TjDDcM

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2020, 06:12:33 AM »
I'm still getting the hang of it, so they're all a bit flakey in one way our another at the moment. This was done hand-held at full res, sorry the focus isn't great at all times, but it's HEAVY with a Nikon 28-70 f2.8 lens on the front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZdi0TjDDcM
Thanks a lot!Maybe try holding it at the Lens, when using Big and Heavy lenses, usually helps with handling.I guess this was shot at f/2.8 and Gain 0?

B.H.V

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2020, 07:03:53 AM »

Nice clip. : ) Have you tried stopping down the lens to get more in focus?

chrissie_c

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2020, 09:01:04 AM »
]Thanks a lot!Maybe try holding it at the Lens, when using Big and Heavy lenses, usually helps with handling.I guess this was shot at f/2.8 and Gain 0?

You are correct, I'm not sure how much gain is reasonable yet.

HOWEVER (I failed to post this message last time, so this is an edit) I've since tried 24dB of analog gain and it's pretty impressive!

B.H.V

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2020, 09:03:16 AM »
]Thanks a lot!Maybe try holding it at the Lens, when using Big and Heavy lenses, usually helps with handling.I guess this was shot at f/2.8 and Gain 0?

You are correct, I'm not sure how much gain is reasonable yet.

HOWEVER (I failed to post this message last time, so this is an edit) I've since tried 24dB of analog gain and it's pretty impressive!

Wow, that’s pretty impressive for 24 DB gain and is similar to 0 DB gain on the Chronos 1.4. The low light on that is something else.

chrissie_c

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2020, 07:31:59 AM »
Things got a bit Tomatoey this morning:

Puree at 1000fps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P3RQR1vFkk

Tomatoes (2 runs) in a blender at 2000fps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPtZBmRFbAU
(Skip to 9:35 for the second run, with cherry tomatoes)

The blender video is just asking for some music to be put to it, that might be my next project :)

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2020, 03:26:00 PM »
Got my 2.1 today, here just a very Quick and Dirty testshot. Gain 18dB, f/2.8 on an Pentax SMC-M 50/1.7; 1kfps @240° with 50W LED-Panel. Clip has Noise Reduction and Grading on it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 08:50:04 AM by Nikon1 »

B.H.V

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2020, 05:59:14 PM »
Nice test shot.  :) Looks pretty clean. Thanks again for sharing.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2020, 11:30:03 PM »
i would have loved to use Shorter Shutter Speed and Smaller Apperture for Crisper Images and more Depth of Field, also Lower gain allways just improves The Image.... I need to feed that Camera way more Light for that, but wanted to shoot at least something yesterday, that would be worth sharing. Made Screenshots of the Settings. Also that Denoising in AE CS6 renders forever (i allready knew that bevore and also did a lot of other Heavy stuff on my PC, also its an Netbook from 2015, so considering that its not that bad after all...)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 08:49:41 AM by Nikon1 »

B.H.V

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2020, 10:24:09 AM »
You could try adding film grain if you want to get less banding after denoising.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2020, 10:31:35 AM »
You could try adding film grain if you want to get less banding after denoising.
i could, but i tried a bunch of stuff with all kinds of adding grain to footage a few years ago, and it just ended up completely killing Image Quality after compression for Web/ Delivery. Sure looks pretty nice if you got the Bitrate for that, or even the original uncompressed file on your end when Shooting/ Editing, but the final image, the Viewer gets to see, that is compressed looks even worse then the original with the banding... Might try very subtle grain at some point, but for now i wont add any grain untill i got good enough handling the Camera itself, still rather Tricky for me to find the Sweetspot for some Settings but i will find it out eventually.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2020, 10:51:31 AM »
Wanted to shoot something today in Sunlight for the first time, and found some Fly that was very interrested in the Chronos 2.1, so i picked her up and brought her into frame. Dont mind the Vignetting and Weird flares, i was trying out a bunch of weird lenses for Super16mm which are actually not fully covering the Sensor, but still very nice and Sharp otherwise. Settings: FullHD @1000fps, 0db Gain, 88° Shutter, Schneider Kreuznach Xenon 25mm 1.4 @ f/4; Grading and a little bit of denoise in AE.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 08:50:12 AM by Nikon1 »