Author Topic: Post Chronos 2.1 clips here!  (Read 128956 times)

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Post Chronos 2.1 clips here!
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2020, 11:18:25 AM »
Slapping Bottle gently. Settings: FullHD @1000fps, 0db Gain, 88° Shutter, Schneider Kreuznach Xenon 25mm 1.4 @ f/4 or f/2.8?; This time no denoise at all (meaning way quicker render), just a preset for color from Magic Bullet Quick Looks, a very Quick Contrast adjustment with Curves (Cutoff to make blacks blacker and White more white), and a small amount of sharpening. Also Higher Bitrate render this time.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 08:50:20 AM by Nikon1 »

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2020, 12:16:31 PM »
My USB-Soundcard finally broke completely yesterday after Years of hard use and Abuse. Litteraly into pieces... So today i went and bought a New USB-Audio-Interface. And the first thing to do with it is obviously hooking it up to the Trusty Hameg Osciloscope and blast Globetrotter on it to film it with the Chronos. Looks way better than the old one. Settings used: FullHD @1kfps; somewhere around 180° Shutter; 0dB Gain; Schneider-Kreuznach 50mm 0.95 @f/1.2; No grading/ Editing/ Sharpening on this one, also no denoise, just run it to AE very quickly to compress it for posting here and turn up the Saturation a bit on the Green. This one is rather long, but i kept it as is from the Camera .h264 .mp4 File anyways.
 Also, i just noticed, i maybe forgot to do Black-Calibration on the Bottle one, hence the Weird Lines all over the Shadow areas in the Image. Have to keep an eye on this, but still new to the cameras Workflow, so Black-Cal is a thing to remember bevore shooting important stuff.
 For those Who dont know it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2YQD8Go_Hc
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 08:50:33 AM by Nikon1 »

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2020, 01:38:03 PM »
My USB-Soundcard finally broke completely yesterday after Years of hard use and Abuse. Litteraly into pieces... So today i went and bought a New USB-Audio-Interface. And the first thing to do with it is obviously hooking it up to the Trusty Hameg Osciloscope and blast Globetrotter on it to film it with the Chronos. Looks way better than the old one. Settings used: FullHD @1kfps; somewhere around 180° Shutter; 0dB Gain; Schneider-Kreuznach 50mm 0.95 @f/1.2; No grading/ Editing/ Sharpening on this one, also no denoise, just run it to AE very quickly to compress it for posting here and turn up the Saturation a bit on the Green. This one is rather long, but i kept it as is from the Camera .h264 .mp4 File anyways.
 Also, i just noticed, i maybe forgot to do Black-Calibration on the Bottle one, hence the Weird Lines all over the Shadow areas in the Image. Have to keep an eye on this, but still new to the cameras Workflow, so Black-Cal is a thing to remember bevore shooting important stuff.
That walking Stick-figure is awesome! Also congrats on finally getting your Chronos ;)

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2020, 01:41:38 PM »
That walking Stick-figure is awesome! Also congrats on finally getting your Chronos ;)
Am very happy too. Has been Great fun so far, and so far i havent even used it with propper monitor / Lights/ Lenses, so, really looking forward to this. Also thanks for the Tipps about shipping, those saved at least three days.

B.H.V

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2020, 03:18:45 PM »
Just curious. How many hours of battery life are you getting on yours?

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2020, 03:37:13 PM »
I only got through 1,5 Battery cycles so far, so i cant really say anything from experience yet, also i didnt watch the time with my first bit of goofing around.... But i noticed that on the First Shot with the Screws, which i did in the middle of the night with my "weak" 50W LED Panel and High gain, the Camera got way more hot than with the other Shots on 0dB gain today, with better light. so i would expect that more heat means, battery drains faster, and that High gain would draw more power. But that is just a wild guess from my side right now. Time Will tell about that. However, just from my general sense of time, it drains rather Quick, at least compared to my Nikon1 J5. Have only used those very rarely, but i think (based off the first battery cycle and my few hours with an Sony A7ii...) battery live is somewhat compareable with the Sony A7ii, when i used it indoors for event shooting (Mid-High iso, not too much light... Shooting images, not video, basically change battery every like 20 to 35Minutes to make absolutely sure you dont get below 30 or 25% at any point in time, to not miss potentially important shots). Battery live is kinda decent for what the camera does, in my opinion at least. I mean at least its stand-Alone, runs off of a battery at all, and has an integrated Monitor. Looked at 35k€ Highspeed-Cameras, that need an huge Beefy Power Brick and a PC to even work. Camera itself is just a 3" Cube with a mount and an Ethernet Jack... With the Chronos you can actually get work done, without an hour of setup...
 I really have no idea but i guess it must be between 1 and 3 Hours, lost track of time when playing. For what i do, its certainly to little battery live to leave the house without additional Batteries, so i will buy two more batteries and keep the three as Backups or for Smaller Shoots. But i think i will go with V-Mount for Power. 200Wh V-Mounts are Affordable, tough, and i allready have a bunch for my lights, so they will be around for shoots anyways most of the time. this should allow for Plenty of shooting time without changing Batterys.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 03:49:34 PM by Nikon1 »

Bian

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2020, 10:56:43 PM »
Shure, that a 14,8V V-mount akku will work? My 1.4 need at least 16V  ;)

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2020, 11:00:25 PM »
Shure, that a 14,8V V-mount akku will work? My 1.4 need at least 16V  ;)
Well, things like Voltage Converters do exist....:
 https://www.globalmediapro.com/dp/A2HG93/Globalmediapro-VLP-U-V-Mount-to-DC-Multi-Voltage-Converter/
 Plenty of those are available in all kinds of Voltage Variations. If you need some Strange Voltage, it wouldnt also be all that difficult to build one on your own for some Special Voltage...

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2020, 12:08:34 AM »
I just did a propper test, charged the Battery untill the Status LED turned Green, disconnected charger and Powered the 2.1 on. Then waited for the Startup Sequence to finish, double check Settings very Quickly (Set it at FullHD 1000fps, 180° Shutter, 0dB Gain, no lens mounted Just a Bodycap, so completely Black image all the time), doing a Black Calibration and hit record, so it would allways just record to RAM over and over. Letting it run that way, recording, waiting how long it would hold untill it would stop recording. From the Moment of hitting the Power button to power it on, to the Camera Showing 0% Battery live was around 1 Hour 7 Minutes, but it didnt Stop recording, so i left it running. At exactly 1 Hour and 10Min 0 Sec it hit 8.88V and i stopped recording, powered it down (soft power down, no hard power down) and hooked up the Charger again, because at that kind of voltage i was pretty sure, that the Chronos itself would propably not stop recording any time soon on its own, but i will possibly damage the Battery because of deep discharge. I dont know what will happen, if you just would continue recording way after 0% Battery live, but 8.88V was the point, where i decided to stop. At some Point either the Camera itself or the Battery will give up, but i dont want to challenge damaging something, especially the completely new battery.
 For any further Questions about batteries and such, if there are any more, it would propably best to move to an other topic with this or make a new one to not get off topic with this one, which is supposed to be a 2.1 Footage Thread.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 12:10:15 AM by Nikon1 »

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2020, 01:09:32 AM »
so i would expect that more heat means, battery drains faster, and that High gain would draw more power.
As far as I'm aware recording does not consume more power than idling.
The power consumption is pretty constant apart from the fan, which obviously depends on the external temperature.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2020, 02:08:57 AM »
so i would expect that more heat means, battery drains faster, and that High gain would draw more power.
As far as I'm aware recording does not consume more power than idling.
The power consumption is pretty constant apart from the fan, which obviously depends on the external temperature.
For my test today, Room Temperature was 26°C for the whole test. But i think you are right, heard something like this also somewhere.

chrissie_c

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2020, 08:07:01 AM »
I went down to the local lake today and managed to catch this duck diving and drying its wings. Very pleased with this:

Chronos 2.1, Tamron 90mm lens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMTe45d7ATc

Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2020, 09:38:45 AM »
Nice one!  :)

Kettner

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2020, 11:01:58 AM »
Just got the camera in today, and gave it a quick spin, lot’s to learn!
Here are a few clips I manage to shoot today.

https://vimeo.com/452567484

Rainer

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2020, 12:26:23 PM »
https://vimeo.com/452567484

Amazing shots for the first day! I also like the music (could you tell where it is from?). It fits the shots very nicely. Well done!