Author Topic: Chronos V0.5.0 Full Release  (Read 49214 times)

NoDak

• View Profile
Re: Chronos V0.5.0 Full Release
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2020, 09:15:36 PM »
Is there any problem with using a larger than 8gb SD card? Smallest is about 16gb nowadays. I'd like to keep my old OS card just in case.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089DPCJS1/ref=twister_B08CLNX58K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

坦丁

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2020, 01:06:18 AM »
Is there any problem with using a larger than 8gb SD card? Smallest is about 16gb nowadays. I'd like to keep my old OS card just in case.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089DPCJS1/ref=twister_B08CLNX58K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Camera is shipped with OS on 32gb card novadays.

DDR

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • Krontech
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2020, 06:15:16 PM »
Must say, I love what you did with the interface. Very nice! :D

CS223

• 1.4 Color s/n 01266
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2020, 11:04:45 AM »
Saw the tweet about the minor update but nothing pertaining to what the update was about.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2020, 11:21:05 AM »
Saw the tweet about the minor update but nothing pertaining to what the update was about.
Ist an update mainly for the 2.1 of the New batch which have some issue at higher gain-Values.I allready updated, and while i never did a direct comparison, the new update improoved Image Quality a bit from What i can tell and removed a bunch of issues with no image at all beeing displayed at some Resolutions/ Framerates at Very high gain.I dont think the Update does anything to the 1.4 or the older batch of 2.1īs but is mainly for the New 2.1īs.

sanjay

• Krontech
  • Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2020, 12:16:05 PM »
Must say, I love what you did with the interface. Very nice! :D

Thanks DDR! Hope all is well with you.

Ist an update mainly for the 2.1 of the New batch which have some issue at higher gain-Values.I allready updated, and while i never did a direct comparison, the new update improoved Image Quality a bit from What i can tell and removed a bunch of issues with no image at all beeing displayed at some Resolutions/ Framerates at Very high gain.I dont think the Update does anything to the 1.4 or the older batch of 2.1īs but is mainly for the New 2.1īs.

Yes, the 0.5.1 update was minor and only affects Chronos 2.1 cameras. We noticed some variance when our production team started building Chronos 2.1s with a new batch of image sensors, and so an analog voltage was updated via software to mitigate the issue while slightly improving the old batch of sensors already in the field. Thanks for providing some info in lieu of my late response, Nikon1.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2020, 12:25:12 PM »
Thanks for providing some info in lieu of my late response, Nikon1.
just helping out where i can. Thanks also for all the work you guys put into this.
 While we are here, can you maybe give me some info or at least a hint at how the Color-Matrix and White-Balance Settings on the Chronos work.
 I see nine Values for the Color matrix, and three for the White-Balance. Guess for the Color it would be amounts of Colors from something or Contrasts at Shadows/ Highlights or....?
 Have no real idea how to set the White balance based on color values (guess the three values would be R,G,B).
 Can you or someone else give any info about this, i cant find anything about this anywhere.
 Thanks

nik282000

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2020, 07:58:41 PM »
I need to spend some time trying to reproduce this, as of now it is unpredictable.

I have had my Chronos 1.4 'overshoot' the end point when saving h.264 videos. I mark my start and end points and the save begins as expected but passes the end mark. The touchscreen then becomes unresponsive, the "abort save" button does not respond nor do any touches in on any other part of the screen. All that I can do after that is to restart.

I had it happen 3 times out of ~20 videos that I shot today, I have not run an online update since the summer (maybe a month after v0.5.0 was released) so I will try that and see if I experience the same.

If I ssh in, is there a way to get debug info on what is going on, or manually unlock-up the UI? Just curious, thanks.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2020, 08:01:18 PM »
I need to spend some time trying to reproduce this, as of now it is unpredictable.

I have had my Chronos 1.4 'overshoot' the end point when saving h.264 videos. I mark my start and end points and the save begins as expected but passes the end mark. The touchscreen then becomes unresponsive, the "abort save" button does not respond nor do any touches in on any other part of the screen. All that I can do after that is to restart.

I had it happen 3 times out of ~20 videos that I shot today, I have not run an online update since the summer (maybe a month after v0.5.0 was released) so I will try that and see if I experience the same.

If I ssh in, is there a way to get debug info on what is going on, or manually unlock-up the UI? Just curious, thanks.
I tried to do some Single-Frame Saves (or to just save a very small number of frames) in the past an noticed that too. Seems to always save a bunch more than Selected, but havent figured out whats happening there Exactly....
 #EDIT#: forgot to say, but for me thats on my 2.1
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 08:31:55 PM by Nikon1 »

nik282000

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2020, 05:49:26 AM »
That may have been the same issue I was having. I was saving a large number of frames but it was a relatively small portion of the full recording, less than 5%. I'll try leaving more lead in and out.

Thanks.

edit: Updated my camera, tried saving both long and short segments but had the same issue and I was unable to cause it to happen on purpose,
It seems to happen more with low resolutions/high frame rates (>30kfps) but, again, I am unable to cause it to happen predictably so it may just be that I have been recording more high frame rate video recently.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 07:49:47 PM by nik282000 »

SergeyKashin

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2020, 11:56:02 AM »
It is possible to add a function for displaying information from the camera to an external monitor for convenient operation